The Book Vipers discussion

A Tale of Two Cities
This topic is about A Tale of Two Cities
Group Read Archive > Group Classics Read - March 2014 - A Tale of Two Cities - NO SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul (halfmanhalfbook) | 5462 comments Mod
The discussion thread is now open. No spoilers on this one, please.

message 2: by Jo (new) - added it

Jo Weston (joster) | 1697 comments Mod
I'm going to be listening to this as an Audiobook after I've finished my current listen. Just downloaded from iTunes.

Debbie | 585 comments just finished it. I thought it was magnificent as a story once it got going.

Jessica W (pinkglow) | 7 comments Half way through. Takes a while to get going and I have to admit I had no idea what was going on for the first quarter really. Just took me a while to get into the Dickens grove even though I've read Dickens before.

Sarah | 34 comments I totally agree with you both!I read this a few months ago as part of another challenge, and very nearly gave up quite a few times, but towards the end, I literally couldn't put it down. Just brilliant writing.

Charlotte (charley_100) | 322 comments Im about 20% in and have found it hard to get into so far. I have set it aside once already, and read Confessions of an ugly stepsister instead I now have The Devil wears Prada sitting there and am being tempted away from Dickens once again! hehe.

Elizabeth (cramptonhodnet) I've been thinking about reading The Devil Wears Prada too, Charlotte. Really enjoyed the film - have seen it several times.

I'm passing on the Dickens, not a fan of his work at all (read too much of it at school).

Charlotte (charley_100) | 322 comments The film is fantastic..am wondering how the fashion can transfer into text...I can't imagine her transformation into becoming stylish & chique works quite as well as seeing Anna Hathaway in her outfits!