Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > Projection by Risa Green → Start Date: February 10, 2014

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 411 comments Amanda, Ashlyn, and I will be reading Projection by Risa Green. Please join us :)

Synopsis:
When 13-year-old Gretchen Harris's mother is murdered at Gretchen's 8th Grade graduation party, everyone in the town of Delphi, California, suspects a power struggle within the Oculus Society: Delphi's version of the Junior League.  Gretchen's best friend, Jessica Shaw, might even hold the key to finding the culprit withThe Plotinus Ability: the Oculus Society's jealously guarded secret power to trade souls, which hinges on a kiss. Gretchen's hope at finding the murderer ends in tragedy when Ariel Miller—the class outcast—stalks Gretchen and Jessica and surreptitiously films them exchanging a kiss to test if the Plotinus Ability is real, not knowing their motives. The ensuing YouTube video ("Popular Girls = Secret Lovers") goes viral, Gretchen's and Jessica's lives are further shattered, and they vanish from Delphi.

Flash forward two years later: Ariel is suddenly the most popular junior in town, but wracked with guilt over what she did to Gretchen and Jessica.  When both girls reappear after their mysterious absence, Ariel finds herself pawn, suspect, and key player in their scheme to bring the murderer to justice.

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 411 comments Looking forward to reading this we both of you :)

message 3: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Thanks for making the thread.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) The dates fine with me I just need to finish City of Bones before this. :)

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) So how are we doing this, reading a certain amount a day or reading to a certain part and discuss? This is my first Buddy Reads so I just wanted to make sure.

message 6: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments We can do either. What would you like to do?

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 411 comments I'm fine with either, whatever you'd like to do.

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Oh I don't mind either I just wasn't sure what we wanted to do.

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Have either of you started reading the book?

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 411 comments I haven't, but hope to start this weekend.

The book has 26 chapters, so if we read five and then came back and discussed it should only be around 50 pages. Does that sounds good for both of you?

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay I will start it this weekend also.
I feel bad for not starting it yet but I'm glad I'm not the only one.

That sounds fine to me. :)

message 12: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I haven't had a chance to start it either. I will try to start either tonight or tomorrow.

message 13: by Amanda (last edited Feb 14, 2014 01:59PM) (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) So we can all start like tonight or tomorrow and then start discussing it after reading 5 chapters. Since there is 26 chapters one time we will read 6 chapters and discuss. Is that fine with both of you? :)

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 411 comments Sounds good to me. Do we want to read the extra chapter first or leave it til the end?

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Hmm not sure on that, maybe the beginning but I don't mind.

So do we want to read 5 chapters each day so that it will take us 5 days to finish or do it another way?

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay so I just finished reading the first 6 chapters, have either of you read them yet?