Dalkey Archive Press reads discussion

The Loop
This topic is about The Loop
February Backlist of the Month: THE LOOP

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dalkey Archive Press (dalkeyarchivepress) | 41 comments Mod
Have you read it? Are you reading along with us now? Have you read other titles by Roubaud? Let us know! We'll discuss all month here and on Facebook and Twitter. At the end of the month, if you're the first to answer our trivia question correctly, you'll win our next BLOTM!

Tuck | 10 comments i've never read any roubaud, so exciting to be fixing to . i know a certain scot though............

Geoff | 1 comments I've read everything you've published by Roubaud and am greatly looking forward to (I hope!) a translation of "Poetics"- the 4th volume of the Great Fire of London. Is this in the works? Any info on it?

message 4: by MJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

MJ Nicholls (mjnicholls) | 9 comments This looks amazing... I should have started his GFoL novels sooner. Read the two Dalkey Hortenses and Princess Hoppy. Mindbending Oulipian mischief. Hope to read this one in Feb.

Tuck wrote: "i've never read any roubaud, so exciting to be fixing to . i know a certain scot though............"

I don't mean to break your heart, but as far as I know (and my production schedule does extent pretty far), the answer is no. Also, a while ago, someone on FB messaged Dalkey and asked this question, and I gave him a hopeful answer. If you're reading this Facebook man, I'm sorry.

From the translator himself: "I hope the book has done okay -- it is indeed a long unwieldy thing that might strike readers as less concentrated or concise than the first volume… (also, there is considerably less pathos…) I certainly learned a lot from translating it. I'd like to think it is finding its readers…"