San Antonio Public Library discussion

What's on your reading list for 2014?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan (new)

Dan (dangarciasatx) | 25 comments Howdy all, it's been a while. I've already jumped into my reading list for 2014, and it contains a surprising number of older works: Jack Vance's Dying Earth and Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun for example; however, I'm equally excited about new books like Brian Staveley's The Emperor's Blades and James S. A. Corey's upcoming Star Wars novel, Honor Among Thieves. So what's on your list? Anything you're just itching to read?

message 2: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Lutz (tylerlutz) | 9 comments Catching up on Escape the Earth picks, Dune and Railsea, as well as Abaddon's Gate and Ancillary Justice.

message 3: by Dan (new)

Dan (dangarciasatx) | 25 comments Woo! Abaddon's Gate... Oh yeah, you need to get that one in before Cibola Burn drops in June. Cheers!

message 5: by Ale (new)

Ale (eirura) | 3 comments I kinda started my 2014 book list a lot earlier. Pretty much read 20 books. I'm in this contemporary romance kick right now but on my book list right now:

1) Moby Dick
2) Doctor Sleep
3) The Barkeeper
4) A Dark Mind
5) Bad Games
6) Life from Scratch
7) Toymaker
8) How to blog for profit

I'm sure there are going to be more since I have no budget for books apparently plus online library makes everything so convenient. I do recommend Dan Brown's Inferno if you haven't read any of his books before.

message 6: by Dan (new)

Dan (dangarciasatx) | 25 comments Good ones, all. I have Dr. Sleep on my leftovers list from 2013.

message 7: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (leighb) | 3 comments I'm still working on my leftovers list, too. Counting by 7's, Eleanor & Park, Navigating Early are all waiting to be read.

Belinda Burkhart | 1 comments I just finished The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I loved it. Now I'm reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King. I've had the book on my shelf for over a year!

message 9: by Dan (new)

Dan (dangarciasatx) | 25 comments Sadly, my left over list is years long... I never quite get to read everything I want to read... :-(

message 10: by Tricia (new)

Tricia (triciadm) | 11 comments I try not to plan that far ahead ;) I read what I want when I want. Granted, I would like to finally make time for the Way of Kings. Super excited that there are a couple of new books in my favorite series are coming out!

message 11: by The Librarian (new)

The Librarian (thingundermybed) Doctor Sleep was one of my top "gotta read" books for this year, and thanks to SAPL's Express Collection, I have a copy in my hands as I type....well, not literally.

message 12: by Rolf (new)

Rolf | 6 comments Still waiting for Words of Radiance to be released (March 4, 2014 is the release date). Way of Kings (first in the series) is an all time favorite.