Don't Talk To Strangers Don't Talk To Strangers discussion

Advanced Reader Copy

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kait Roe If you already like Keye Street, consulting detective from Atlanta, GA, then you probably don't need a review from me to convince you to read this 3rd book in the series, but if you haven't read anything by Amanda Kyle Williams or you haven't read either of the other two in this series then you need to sit down and find a copy of the first book and start reading and then don't stop until you have Don't Talk to Strangers in your hand in July, 2014.

Really. I love good writing and I cut my teeth on this kind of book with Patricia Cornwell and that guy who used to write great courtroom dramas but then stopped writing his own books, whatever. I'm a convert. Ms Williams' style is tight, even, writing. I can feel the grit under my fingernails and the breath catching in my throat. I can hear the breathing and see the flash of a match being struck. I know who Keye is and I know what she's trying to do; but I am constantly surprised by her ability to see her own flaws and appreciate that she is struggling to make it in this world despite being a master at self destructive behavior.

In other words, Ms Willams' characters are well drawn, and believable. The action is well paced but doesn't tire you out from too much frenetic motion. And the story is better than good. If you've ever been to a small town, you know each and every one of the people we meet. And Yeah, they are JUST LIKE THAT. But wait...

...there was a moment when I said to myself, "I got this Keye. We got this, girl." And then she kicked me in the butt and said, "you almost got it." And I knew then that she was right. I almost had it. And I laughed out loud at my own hubris.

Cheers, y'all. Read it and weep.

Sandy I think you've pretty much nailed all the reasons I love this series, too, Kait. I get so tired of heroines that are caricatures. Keye is fascinating BECAUSE she's flawed but has a no bullshit/no whining policy. I particularly liked that she understood why she was attracted to the sheriff in this book, that she was honest with herself. Also, the relationship between her & Rauser feels authentic. They are two mature people who at the end of the day feel lucky to have found each other & accept the baggage they both carry.
But, holy crap...what about the phonecall she got on the last page of the book? Talk about a blast from the past. I can't wait to get my hands on the next one.

message 3: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Thomas This is a can't put it down until its finished book! I literally sat in a parking lot to finish reading it. Keyes Street, disgraced FBI profiler and now a PI, is drawn into the hunt for a serial killer in Georgia. The characterizations draw you into the story quickly and completely. The twists and turns are well thought out an d well planned. The red herrings are superbly written. I great read. You'll never guess who did it!

Christie I picked this audio book up at the local library. It was a love/hate book for me. The writing was AMAZING. But the detail was rough for me and I was sick for this community. I eventually had to skip to the end because I wanted to know who did it but couldn't stomach the torture. Look forward to reading more by this author.