Luxen discussion

Book Discussions > Possible Movie ?!

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by The Fae Louise (new)

The Fae Louise (the_land_of_fae) | 103 comments The rights to Obsidian have been bought, would you like a movie to be made ?

message 2: by The Fae Louise (new)

The Fae Louise (the_land_of_fae) | 103 comments Hmm I struggle with choosing someone, tho after the book covers, I imagine Pepe Toth, and I don't know about katy :S

message 3: by Sophie.. (new)

Sophie.. (goodreadscomsophie_013) | 8 comments I'll be kinda disappointed if Pepe isn't Daemon in the movie but I don't know, from what I have read about him, he isn't an actor:(

message 4: by The Fae Louise (new)

The Fae Louise (the_land_of_fae) | 103 comments Yeah same, I would like a good actor, maybe even unknown actors to play the roles

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Mcintosh | 6 comments I think Joey baker would be a good Deamon. He looks just like I imagine Deamon would. I know he just started but still. Any opinions?

message 6: by Za-za (new)

Za-za | 52 comments Ashley wrote: "I think Joey baker would be a good Deamon. He looks just like I imagine Deamon would. I know he just started but still. Any opinions?"

Ooh! I just Google searched him... He'd be perfect for Daemon! I also am in love (figuratively) with Ian Somerhalder, so I would love it if he played Daemon!

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Mcintosh | 6 comments I feel like Ian would look to old to play Deamon.

message 8: by The Fae Louise (new)

The Fae Louise (the_land_of_fae) | 103 comments Yeah Ian sommerhaulder also looks more evil than daemon would look

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Mcintosh | 6 comments I can think of what actor/actress should play who but the only person I can't find someone to play is Dee. No one comes to mind :/ any help?

message 10: by The Fae Louise (new)

The Fae Louise (the_land_of_fae) | 103 comments Whoa I have the same problem, I cannot find anyone for Dee but I have everyone else, I just have no clue :/

message 11: by Leah (new)

Leah | 24 comments I think Dee should be played by Odette Annable.

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Mcintosh | 6 comments I totally agree ⬆️

message 13: by Leah (new)

Leah | 24 comments I don't know who should play Adam/Andrew. Any ideas??

message 14: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Mcintosh | 6 comments I had chase Crawford in my head

Bookloverhugger aka:Rebecca | 37 comments Hmm, actors huh? thats gonna be hard. i personally would love the series to become a movie, but i'm not sure it would live up to standard.

i would think Lily Collins makes a good Katy. She looks the age, you can dye her hair a lighter brown and Voila!

Dose anybody think that Leonardo Dicaprio would make an ok Matthew?

Now i don't think anyone can live up to Daemon

message 16: by Leah (new)

Leah | 24 comments I definitely think it should be a movie, and there is the actor question, but what movie rating do you guys think it would be??

Bookloverhugger aka:Rebecca | 37 comments Got a lot of swearing, but i'd say 12, possibly a 15

message 18: by Leah (new)

Leah | 24 comments Ye that's what I thought. What about Obsession, I know it's technically not in the Lux series, but it's in the same world in a sense.

Bookloverhugger aka:Rebecca | 37 comments One: i told you to read that Leah
two: probably and 18-it is prreetty intense (as all those who have read it have found out)

message 20: by Leah (new)

Leah | 24 comments If you haven't already stalked my ENTIRE profile, you'll find I am reading it. And I agree, pretty intense.

Bookloverhugger aka:Rebecca | 37 comments one: i haven't stalked you
two: There's a profile?
three: this website layout confuses me
five: i missed four
four: this should be five
six: have you finished it yet????
:D

message 22: by Leah (new)

Leah | 24 comments One: Lol.
Two: No.
Three: I haven't got a third point.
Four: Four is in Divergent, he's cool.
Five: Four is my new favourite number.

Bookloverhugger aka:Rebecca | 37 comments Meh I don't care

message 24: by Leah (new)

Leah | 24 comments Ugh.

message 26: by Leah (new)

Leah | 24 comments Meh.

message 27: by Sophie.. (new)

Sophie.. (goodreadscomsophie_013) | 8 comments I absolutely love the idea of a movie but would be like totally heartbroken if they cut some characters out like they did with Divergent. I don't think I could live through that:/

Bookloverhugger aka:Rebecca | 37 comments OMG. Same *up top*
If they made it into a movie and it wasn't good, i would probably through myself off a cliff.

message 29: by Sophie.. (new)

Sophie.. (goodreadscomsophie_013) | 8 comments Ahah me too! I can kinda see them cutting Simon out for some reason but people like Blake and Archer are just too important owo

message 30: by Leah (new)

Leah | 24 comments Totally agree.

Bookloverhugger aka:Rebecca | 37 comments Yeh. But Simon is kinda important since lots of things happen to him because of Katy. Like him trying to make out with her, when he witnesses her glow and shatter windows, i mean he appears in the DOD too when their rescuing Bethany. Plus he is how Katy is certain Blake works for the DOD when she finds the watch in his car and Adam dies.
But hey, Archer seems cute ;) and Blake is one of the main characters so he has to be included. i like it when he dies. He he he. But i kinda found it sad because he wasn't all that bad. in fact the only time i hated him was when they went out and he kept playing the pig oinking game.

message 32: by Leah (new)

Leah | 24 comments Lol. I think they will leave Simon out and maybe get some other character to cause the window smashing etc. and I enjoyed Blake's death. I didn't mind him until he called Katy Kitten and after he did I was like O No You Didn't. Kick his ass Katy! Kitten is DAEMON'S pet name!! I woulda killed him myself if he wasn't in a book.

message 33: by Sophie.. (new)

Sophie.. (goodreadscomsophie_013) | 8 comments Yeah. But if you take Divergent, I'm not going to say anything about the story because you guys may want to read it if you haven't already, they cut out Uriah and Marlene who were pretty important in my eyes. I do get what you're saying though:P I hated Blake all the way through, he was just ew! But I did picture him hot haha;) I actually cried so much at Origin like it was unreal, I just say on my bed, bawling my eyes out:P

Bookloverhugger aka:Rebecca | 37 comments hahha, sensitive eh? no me and leah have read Divergent and i have to say (i just cant help myself) the film was real bad compared to the book. they missed a whole bundle of characters in the film that play big parts the the other books. Although, when Uriah died i broke down he was one of my FAV characters and such a sad way to pass.

message 35: by Sophie.. (new)

Sophie.. (goodreadscomsophie_013) | 8 comments Haha yeah, I was all like, "MATTHEW YOU EWIE MOFO. YOU DESERVED DEATH." Yeah, sorry. Rant over!:P I honestly don't think any movie is as good as the book with the exception (I think, anyway) of the Hunger Games..

message 36: by Leah (new)

Leah | 24 comments Ye, the hunger games films were really good. I think the first book was about AS good as the film, but Catching Fire was a better film than book. I have no doubt in my mind that Mockingjay will be a better film than book. The book was pretty sh*t. It was so confusing.

Bookloverhugger aka:Rebecca | 37 comments i thought the first hunger games film was a bit pathetic. i mean i thought the books was better, the film concentrated too much on before the actual games, the part in the arena wasn't very long

message 38: by Leah (new)

Leah | 24 comments Well, in the first film I thought it was necessary for the beforehand to be long but in Catching Fire I think they coulda spent a bit more time in the arena. And what I thought was stupid in Catching Fire was when Katniss survived the explosion thing next to the tree when the lightning struck. She was way too close to survive. And she was further away in the book.

Bookloverhugger aka:Rebecca | 37 comments Well i didn't watch the film, and i cant remember in the book