What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Enchanted Night
This topic is about Enchanted Night
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Mannequin that awakens at night... [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Earvin (halfof2) | 34 comments This was in a short story collection - the story was about a mannequin in a store display window,that awakened at night and the young man that falls in love with her- there were also other stories that I want to read in this collection - just can't remember enough to get help in possibly finding them...this is all I have.
Any thoughts? I think the collection was from the 90's.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Well, for a suggestion--see if you can find a copy of the movie Mannequin and see if that's based (loosely, of course) on anything.

message 3: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Earvin (halfof2) | 34 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Well, for a suggestion--see if you can find a copy of the movie Mannequin and see if that's based (loosely, of course) on anything."

Good try - but...

The story is not based off of the 80's movie...

:)

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
The story could be a re-print and the movie based on the story.

Do you remember if there was a theme to the book, was it a single author or a collection of authors?

message 5: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Earvin (halfof2) | 34 comments When you put it the other way around...that seems like a possibility. If my memory serves me correctly it was an anthology, different authors. As far as a theme - it seems like all of the stories had an element of unconventional romance and/or unexpected fantasy elements - if that makes sense...quite a bit of magical realism with a twist. I think I am going to go dig around now and look into your movie suggestion.

message 6: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Earvin (halfof2) | 34 comments Alex wrote: "This was in a short story collection - the story was about a mannequin in a store display window,that awakened at night and the young man that falls in love with her- there were also other stories ..."

The book has been found: "Enchanted Night: a novella" by Steven Millhauser.

Thanks to Anna aka Iftcan for all of her help!!!