Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Beta Reader wanted - YA Short Epistolary

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alshia (new)

Alshia Moyez (Alshia_moyez) | 64 comments GENRE: Historical Fiction/YA/Adult/LGBT
STYLE: Epistolary novel(Written in journal,interview & letter format).

LENGTH: 50 pages or so.

PLOT: New York City, 1948. A coming of age story about a 12 year old girl who lives (full-time as a boy)with her jazz obsessed father & their dog. They travel to the south where the boy's father starts working on a book about their lives there and the people they meet.

CHARACTERS INCLUDE:
Jack Kerouac
Orson Welles
Allen Ginsberg
Charlie Parker
and more...

***It would be great to get some feedback on the "feeling" of the story, and whether or not the journal entries capture the "mood" of the period, if they feel sincere, if the characters feel authentic. In short, am I on the right track with this?

I am going to add a few more journal entries to "round off" what is missing in the story, so yes, THERE ARE PARTS MISSING, but the BULK of the work is done. I just need to know if the story feels AUTHENTIC at all.

Thank you for your consideration.

message 2: by Alshia (new)

Alshia Moyez (Alshia_moyez) | 64 comments bumped

message 3: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Cotton (lacotton) | 14 comments hi alisha I'd be happy to have a read mrscwrites@hotmail.co.uk

message 4: by Alshia (new)

Alshia Moyez (Alshia_moyez) | 64 comments Lianne wrote: "hi alisha I'd be happy to have a read mrscwrites@hotmail.co.uk"
Thank you so much! I will send it now!

message 5: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Cotton (lacotton) | 14 comments I didn't receive it yet x

message 6: by Zach (new)

Zach Tyo (ztyo) | 55 comments If you're still looking send it to me at ssgttyo@gmail.com. I have a short story I'm looking for someone to read (875 words). Send me yours either way though.

message 7: by Alshia (new)

Alshia Moyez (Alshia_moyez) | 64 comments Zach wrote: "If you're still looking send it to me at ssgttyo@gmail.com. I have a short story I'm looking for someone to read (875 words). Send me yours either way though."
Wow, yours is really short. I can read yours, too! Thank you!

message 8: by Alshia (new)

Alshia Moyez (Alshia_moyez) | 64 comments Zach wrote: "If you're still looking send it to me at ssgttyo@gmail.com. I have a short story I'm looking for someone to read (875 words). Send me yours either way though."
Sent it & looking forward to reading yours, too XD

message 9: by Alshia (new)

Alshia Moyez (Alshia_moyez) | 64 comments Lianne wrote: "I didn't receive it yet x"
I re-sent it! Thank you again!

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 17 comments this sounds great, I'll give it a go. Let me know the best way to communicate.