Ancient Egypt: The Age of Magic discussion

Cairo > The Bazaar

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
((RP with approved characters ONLY))

message 2: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
Darius was out among the other traders in his booth. displayed before him were small cloth bags filled with spices, and behind him were several boxes more of the stuff. He had taken out his Senet board and begun playing by himself sense business was going slowly.

message 3: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments Since she had no clue what else to do to spend her time in Cairo, Nadira let her feet wander. It was only when she heard distant sounds of chatter and when she turned the corner, did she realize that she had made her way to the bazaar. Looking around at the many goods and wares, she couldn't help but marvel at all wonderful things on display.

message 4: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
Darius had just gotten two of his pieces off the board when he saw the woman he had met the day before, Nadira, wandering into the bazaar. He tried to catch her eye but she was to busy, so he waited and kept playing.

message 5: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments Drifting towards the smells of spices, Nadira remembered the man the met at the temple and looked around wondering if he'd be there. It took her a few moments and she had to mumble apologies as people brushed past her, but suddenly she saw him. Curiosity arose in her as she noticed he was leaning over something. "Darius?" she called out his name to get his attention as she tried to weave her way over.

message 6: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
Darius looked up and saw that she had found him. He smiled and raised a hand in greeting. "Hello Nadira!" He said. He set up a stool next to his own and invited her to sit with him after she had come closer.

message 7: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments "Greetings." Flashing a small smile back, Nadira gathered her dress and sat, looking around at the small stall. "Has business been good?"

message 8: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
"It's been as good as expected. I've mad a small profit." He said modestly. "What brings you to the bazaar today? Wandering or looking for something in particular?"

message 9: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments Tucking a stray hair back into the hood of her shawl, Nadira gave a small laugh. "Just wandering. I didn't expect to see this many people."

message 10: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
"Yes, but none of them seem to want any spices." Darius said with a slight frown. "Of course, not many people have need of them until festival times usually, but there's always a buyer."

message 11: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments "Ah, I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps I can buy something from you? Though I don't have much, so it wouldn't make a difference to your profit, I'm sure," Nadira said lightly.

message 12: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
"If you'd like anything, I'd be glad to barter with you." He picked up his Senet board game and moved it off to the side so she could view all of the spices.

message 13: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments Spotting the game, Nadira held up a hand. "Wait, what is that? Is that Senet?" she asked, her eyes lighting up. Though she was mostly busy, there were a few times at the palace that she got to try it out.

message 14: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
Darius paused. "It is, do you play?" He said, his eyes lighting up too.

message 15: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments "Only a little bit," she replied, smiling. "I'm probably not that skillful as a player, but I still like to play it."

message 16: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
"Shall we play? I don't have an opponent, I don't usually have one sense I travel." He said, setting up the board with a smile.

message 17: by Ji Mei (last edited Feb 04, 2014 06:19PM) (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments Nadira nodded. "Might as well. I haven't played in quite sometime and I have nothing else to do with my day."

((So, do we want to play online? I have no clue how to play Senet in real life, though.))

message 18: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
"Perfect!" He said. "You can go first."

((Sounds good, still have the website?))

message 19: by Ji Mei (last edited Feb 04, 2014 06:37PM) (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments ((Yeppers! My username is the same too. :D))

"All right." Turning her focus to the board, she took a moment to study the pieces thoughtfully. Then, choosing a piece, she moved it.

message 20: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
((Okay! I'm online :) mine is JamesZ3))

Darius threw the four sticks and moved one of his pieces as well. "How often do you play?"

message 21: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments ((Okeydokey. I think I found you. ^_^ Did you find me?))

"Not often all all. Probably once a month or so," she answered, giving a small laugh. She moved a piece for her turn.

message 22: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
Darius threw the sticks again and got a three. He moved his piece to protect his first. "Ah, same here."

message 23: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments Rolling the sticks, Nadira frowned as she got a one. "Well, I suppose it is about time to have an opponent, is it not?"

message 24: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
"Yes I believe so." He waited for her to make her second move and then threw, smiling as a five came up.

((I forgot! They always bet in a Senet game :\))

message 25: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments ((They do? Oh well. :D))

She frowned at him, pretending to look mad. "You just have luck on your side, don't you?"

message 26: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
((Should we have her win sense you did in our game?))

"I pray for it." He winked and moved his piece four places, jumping hers.

message 27: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments ((Ah, no. But she won't loose too quickly. Can't believe they don't have Chinese checkers!))

Giving a laugh, Nadira shook her head in amusement. Throwing the sticks, she saw it got a two. Moving a stone, she sighed. "Maybe I should pray harder."

message 28: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
((I know! It's ridiculous.))

Darius threw the sticks and moved a piece. "Are you enjoying your break in the city?" He asked conversationally.

message 29: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments ((What kind of arena is this with all these famous games? :P))

"Yes, I am. More so now, I think. It's good to have company, despite that we barely know each other," Nadira commented, smiling slightly, hoping she wasn't being too bold. She threw the sticks and as she moved her piece, she snuck a glance at Darius to see his reaction.

message 30: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
Darius simply nodded. "Yes, it is good to have company, and we are getting to know each other, hence why we are playing Senet together no?" He smiled slightly and looked over at her.

message 31: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments Her smile widened and she gave a noise in agreement. "Yes, that is true." But then she thought of what brought her to where she was and she wondered if she'd ever get to know anyone if she kept holding back.

message 32: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
Darius sense something behind her words, but didn't pry. He smiled as he moved on of his pieces out of the House of Three Truths. "A point for me." He said happily.

message 33: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments "I was giving you a head start," she said jokingly as she managed to roll a three.

message 34: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
"Oh were you?" He smiled and rolled a one. He moved and rolled again, putting a piece on the House of Rebirth.

message 35: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments "Of course." She smiled. Rolling a three, Nadira almost moved a piece before realizing it could drown in the House of Water and so moved a different piece. "I haven't played as much mostly because the other women would rather gossip than play a game."

message 36: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
"Well, gossiping can be fun, but this works the heart much more." Darius stated after moving another piece.

((Heart, brain, same thing in Egypt right? Haha :) ))

message 37: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments ((Haha, is it? I wouldn't know. ^^))

"Fun? I don't know. Sometimes I think the women there have clouds of dust in their heads and wouldn't be able to comprehend how this game works," she laughed and gave a shake of her head. To her, it sometimes felt like she was the only one who could think and not just stand around pretending to look pretty.

message 38: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
((Yup, the ancient Egyptians thought that the brain was useless and that your heart controlled all thoughts and emotions. They had good reasoning too, when you felt strongly about something, your heart beat faster))

Darius nodded. He knew that some women could just go on and on and on. He moved a second piece off the board and grinned. "What is life in the palace like?"

message 39: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments Looking at the board thoughtfully, Nadira sighed when she could only move a piece backwards. "Well, life in the palace can get dull, but then I like to spice things up by telling stories to myself when I wander around. The gardens are beautiful and calm. I suppose with others, they're more busy, but for me, I'm allowed to almost go anywhere to do anything. Especially when I label it as 'inspiration'," Nadira explained.

message 40: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
"That sounds beautiful, and very relaxing." Darius moved another piece and smiled. "I wouldn't mind a life like that."

message 41: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments "Perhaps. Though, I envy how you get to travel with your occupation," Nadira said with a smile which quickly turned into a frown as her farthest piece ended up drowning in the House of Waters.

message 42: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
"True, traveling is a great part of the deal." He moved a piece into the house of Beauty. "But traveling isn't everything, the most beautiful place I've ever been to is simple here, in the Two Lands.

message 43: by Ji Mei (last edited Feb 11, 2014 09:14AM) (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 182 comments Moving her piece to the ankh, Nadira tilted her head with curiosity. "And what place would that be in the Two Lands? What is the most beautiful place in your opinion?"

message 44: by Zac, The Great Pharaoh (new)

Zac | 282 comments Mod
((Oh okay ^_^ sorry! I'll post then :) my mistake again))