Live, Laugh & Love Books discussion

Books/Characters > Things You Hate In Books

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tachi, The One Who Loves Fai (new)

Tachi | 375 comments Mod
For me, love triangles is something I really hate. Then there's how the guy does everything but the girl does nothing.

message 2: by Caru (new)

Caru I totally agree, I hate love triangles the only love triangle that I like is the one in Throne of Glass

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire Generally speaking I agree. There are a handful where that actually works, but it seems like it's become a standard.

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna | 60 comments I really hate when the author kills the main character

message 5: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Mismatch covers. Damn it. I have a book cover OCD. lol

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Cheating! There are very few cases where cheating in a book doesn't bother me. But mostly it just kills the book when a character cheats.

Also, when a main character's looks isn't described till 50% through the book. And it turns out completely different from what you imagined.

message 7: by Colour_The_Sky (new)

Colour_The_Sky (gaze-at-the-stars) | 272 comments I,too, HATE as you do triangles especially when there is one girl and 2 boys. Also when the main character is blonde and with blue eyes and she thinks that every boy is in love with her. And last when there is a character who is really annoying!

message 8: by Caru (new)

Caru Yeah and when a character thinks they are so tough and no one can hurt them and they think they are so amazing(*cough* Juliette *cough*)

message 9: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 91 comments When the main character dies. Like come on. I get that they have to be heroic but still. When it's done recklessly it's so annoying.

message 10: by Kaity (new)

Kaity (i-love-books-because-reasons) | 15 comments Cussing, it makes me uncomfortable.

message 11: by A (new)

A H I hate this thing ONLY in series : when the main character dies. Especially if it's a long series, and u start loving the characters...and they are then killed in the last book...really frustrating.

message 12: by Day (new)

Day (yes2danny) | 70 comments When Saba cheats on Jack!

message 13: by Kaity (new)

Kaity (i-love-books-because-reasons) | 15 comments Ruchi wrote: "I hate this thing ONLY in series : when the main character dies. Especially if it's a long series, and u start loving the characters...and they are then killed in the last book...really frustrating."

I feel they same way about Allegiant.

message 14: by A (new)

A H Kaitlynne wrote: "Ruchi wrote: "I hate this thing ONLY in series : when the main character dies. Especially if it's a long series, and u start loving the characters...and they are then killed in the last book...real..."

Yeah...was referring to Allegiant...but didn't add it to the comment in case it is a spoiler...

message 15: by Kaity (new)

Kaity (i-love-books-because-reasons) | 15 comments Ruchi wrote: "Kaitlynne wrote: "Ruchi wrote: "I hate this thing ONLY in series : when the main character dies. Especially if it's a long series, and u start loving the characters...and they are then killed in th..."

Oops... Sorry.

message 16: by A (new)

A H That;s all right...I've read the book...but it may be a spoiler for someone else visiting this thread:)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Too much detail!!!

message 18: by Courtney (new)

Courtney plot holes, Deus ex machina (when done poorly), Mary Sues (unless they're ironic, parodic, or funny), and horrible main characters

message 19: by Teresa, The One Who LOVES to Cook (new)

Teresa | 940 comments Mod
Love Triangles are really nasty.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Teresa wrote: "Love Triangles are really nasty."

and confusing

message 21: by Ahmed (new)

Ahmed Alshatti | 3 comments Love triangle even tho its real its over emphasized in books more than in reality

message 22: by Red (new)

Red (littleredreader) Why just about every book does the following scenario happen: girl and guy have their big moment, then the following the day the guy must act like it meant nothing, she means nothing, and overall tries to pretend it didn't happen. Said girl takes this as rejection, questions herself and whether she is lovable and worth anything, assuming his attitude means he thinks she's a mistake. Then later on, he comes up with some dumb excuse about why he had to act that way for so-and-so reason or to protect her or whatever. She suddenly understands everything and at the drop of a hat forgives him and all is well, and suddenly those reasons he had for rejecting her don't matter. They are still there, but for some damn reason, only NOW does he finally choose to go for love anyway despite them.

message 23: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Red wrote: "Why just about every book does the following scenario happen: girl and guy have their big moment, then the following the day the guy must act like it meant nothing, she means nothing, and overall t..."

Agreed.

message 24: by Maren K (new)

Maren K (mkgunning) | 17 comments When someone dies and a person WHO CLEARLY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT spends the ENTIRE BOOK feeling guilty/depressed/wanting to kill themselves. Cannot. Stand. It.

message 25: by Day (new)

Day (yes2danny) | 70 comments lol

message 26: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) When dystopia trilogies always have a bad ending.

Good thing I found one who doesn't have a bad ending. Thanks for that.

message 27: by Day (new)

Day (yes2danny) | 70 comments lol XD

message 28: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) When the LEAST EXPECTED CHARACTER to die... DIED. Sh*t

message 29: by Day (new)

Day (yes2danny) | 70 comments XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD