The False Prince Re-read-a-thon discussion

The False Prince (Ascendance, #1)
This topic is about The False Prince
The False Prince Re-Read-A-Thon

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scholastic (new) - added it

Scholastic | 10 comments Mod
Throughout the month of February, we're going to be re-reading The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen, leading up to the release of The Shadow Throne (!!!) on Feb. 25.

You can find the re-read schedule here. This week, we'll be reading chapters 1 through 19! Be sure to watch this space for announcements throughout the coming weeks.

We hope you'll join us as we dive back into Carthya!

Remember: Everyone is welcome to join in, even if it's your first time reading! So please remember to post spoiler alerts.

To get things started, do you remember the first time you read The False Prince? What did you think?

Brenda I've read this book twice and each time have loved how the plot unfolds.

message 3: by Scholastic (new) - added it

We're finishing up The False Prince today! What did you guys think of the big twist at the end? Now that you're re-reading, did you see more clues throughout the rest of the book?

Jaina Rose (ireadtilldawn) | 2 comments YES! That's why I love it so much. When I started reading I stuck pieces of paper in every page Sage said or thought something that had hidden meaning once you knew the twist ending. I had to stop, because I was sticking a paper on almost every page!

Brenda Jaina wrote: "YES! That's why I love it so much. When I started reading I stuck pieces of paper in every page Sage said or thought something that had hidden meaning once you knew the twist ending. I had to stop,..."

Most defiantly the best part all the twists and Sage's dialogue!

message 6: by Scholastic (new) - added it

Jaina wrote: "YES! That's why I love it so much. When I started reading I stuck pieces of paper in every page Sage said or thought something that had hidden meaning once you knew the twist ending. I had to stop,..."

Love this! We've marked up our book, too. :)

message 7: by Scholastic (new) - added it

Brenda wrote: "Jaina wrote: "YES! That's why I love it so much. When I started reading I stuck pieces of paper in every page Sage said or thought something that had hidden meaning once you knew the twist ending. ..."

Do you have any favorite Sage moments in particular? There are so many great ones!

Jaina Rose (ireadtilldawn) | 2 comments Haha, now I just read the whole book when I want to read those parts. But what I really want is SHADOW THRONE! My copy has shipped through Amazon, and I'm neurotically checking it's status every ten minutes . . .

message 9: by Scholastic (new) - added it

Jaina wrote: "Haha, now I just read the whole book when I want to read those parts. But what I really want is SHADOW THRONE! My copy has shipped through Amazon, and I'm neurotically checking it's status every te..."

Hooray! Hope you enjoy!

message 10: by Scholastic (new) - added it

Thanks so much for participating in our re-read-a-thon for The False Prince! We hope you enjoyed diving back into Carthya as much as we did. And we are SO excited that The Shadow Throne is now on sale!

Read an excerpt of The Shadow Throne here!