Bisky's Twitterling's Scribbles! discussion

Off Topic > Better Endings

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bisky (last edited Feb 04, 2014 07:32AM) (new)

Bisky Scribbles (bisky_scribbles) | 2536 comments Mod
I think making your own endings to bad movies is a fundamental part of fiction writing nowdays.

I watched the Purge recently.

Couldn't help feeling like the movie was stupid. I liked the concept. I sat through that movie making my own ending like Homer Simpson does.

But honestly, in that situation, who wouldn't sit on top of their house with a highpowered sniperrifle picking off anyone who came near their house.

So, what movies have you watched lately that have inspired you to make your own endings? And what happened in your version?

If it does contain an obvious spoiler try to use the (view spoiler) but I didn't above since what I mentioned you can see from the trailer.

message 2: by Mark (new)

Mark Bordner Ooh, I like this topic.
Gilligan's Island. The professor invents a cell phone to call for rescue, but Verizon can't get a signal.

message 3: by Agustin (new)

Agustin Guerrero (agustinguerrero) | 37 comments I watched The Wolverine recently, and it was actually really good until the ending. I would have swapped the (view spoiler) for just a normal fight between a master and a rōnin.

Also, I would have loved if the ending of Firefly had been Firefly not getting cancelled. :(

message 4: by J. David (new)

J. David Clarke (clarketacular) | 418 comments Oh my all time most hated ending to any movie ever made: Point Break!

In the movie, Patrick Swayze's bank robbing character murders and steals his way through the entire film just so he can surf away into a deadly, gigantic wave.

Keanu Reeves' character wants to arrest him, but befriends him and just can't bring himself to take this murderous scumbag down.

So in the end, Reeves' allows Swayze to surf off into the sunset. Yes, Swayze's character is going to die and they both know it, but the fact of the matter is after killing people right and left, Reeves' allows Swayze to get away with it and die just as he wanted to!! THat infuriates me to no end.

In my Point Break, Reeves' cuffs Swayze and drags him off the beach, and Swayze gets to look back and see the ultimate wave crash, knowing he'll spend the rest of his life in prison.

message 5: by Brian (new)

Brian Basham (brianbasham) | 390 comments I have movie night with my mom every Tuesday. Whenever we see a movie with a bad ending, we change it. I wish I could remember the title of the last one we changed. It was a good movie, but they added another 20 minutes on the end that were rediculous. It ruined the whole movie.

message 6: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 1053 comments Mod
My son and I did that with the movie Signs.

message 7: by Claire (new)

Claire (cycraw) | 278 comments Worst ending was the dragged out ending of Lord of the Rings. It was just too long. If I could change anything, I'd get the ending shortened.

message 8: by G.G. (new)

Oh yeah, I remember wondering if he would write the whole way back also.

message 9: by J. David (new)

J. David Clarke (clarketacular) | 418 comments Brian wrote: "I have movie night with my mom every Tuesday. Whenever we see a movie with a bad ending, we change it. I wish I could remember the title of the last one we changed. It was a good movie, but they a..."

One I know is like that is Spielberg's AI. It's a great movie with a terrific ending that doesn't KNOW it's the end of the movie, so the movie goes on for a couple more pointless endings. Argghhh...

message 10: by Mark (new)

Mark Bordner The ending of Signs was rather anticlimactic, wasn't it ? All that build up for what looked to be an alien invasion, no mention at all of our global defensive reaction, but no worries ! A bunch of drunken teens with water balloons might save the day, because water kills them.

I want my dollar back.

message 11: by Bisky (new)

Signs was brilliant *stamps feet* everything wrapped up in a neat little bow!

message 12: by G.G. (new)

I loved Signs. That' why I own the DVD. I just wished not all the aliens would have been bad. I' a sucker for good aliens. :)

message 13: by Bisky (new)

I like my aliens bug like and bitey :D

message 14: by G.G. (new)

Bah there are enough of these on Earth. Maybe just in different size that's all. :P
Just ask people stuck with bed bugs, or mange. Think about the tse tse fly, the African bees, fire ants just to name a few at the top of my head.

If you want to make them bug like, make them GOOD bugs. :P That'd be the trick for them to show us stubborn humans that looks isn't all that counts! :P

message 15: by Bisky (new)

I don't know if I'd want to ask anyone with mange how they felt about it :p

message 16: by G.G. (new)

Itchy... they felt itchy! :P

message 17: by Bisky (new)

If I had a super power, I'd want to make people think about lice at my command.