What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Nobody's Son
This topic is about Nobody's Son
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy novel published before 2000 (I think), protagonist rescues princess, marries her and is awarded lands, but rescuing her unleashed a curse and the lands are haunted? [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (last edited Feb 04, 2014 12:22AM) (new) - added it

Liz I can't for the life of me remember what it was called or who wrote it, except that the word "red" is associated with it in my mind. Maybe that was part of the title, or the cover was red?

There was also a bit where they're rebuilding a neglected (castle?), and one night the protagonist sees the moonlight streaming in through the windows. The next day he realizes they haven't even built that part yet and it was the past/future ghost of the building?

Daphne | 245 comments Nobody's Son by Sean Stewart maybe?

message 3: by Liz (new) - added it

Liz Daphne wrote: "Nobody's Son by Sean Stewart maybe?"

Yes! That's it. The 'red' I was thinking of must have been the Red Keep mentioned in the description :)

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Elizabeth--just an fyi for you, but you are the second person to search for this book. If you want to read/check out the other listing, hit the Bookshelf selection over to the right and then do a search for the book in it. After that, hit "edit" which will bring up the box that shows the links for the threads that searched for it. Copy the first link into your browser and it'll take you there.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Nobody's Son (other topics)