UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

John A.A. Logan
This topic is about John A.A. Logan
Agony Aunt > Requesting Rescue by friendly Librarian, please!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (last edited Feb 03, 2014 09:13PM) (new)

John Logan (johnaalogan) | 346 comments Hi,

I got myself in a tangle last night, while uploading details of my new novel, Agency Woman on Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

My author profile has always had me down as "John A.A. Logan" (no space between the "A"s), instead of "John A. A. Logan" (with space between the "A"s)
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

This meant that my 2 books, The Survival of Thomas Ford, and Storm Damage, were connected to the author profile, as they were also entered under "John A.A. Logan", with no space between the "A"s.

But last night I started fiddling with things(!)

The result is that my "John A.A. Logan" author profile above now only shows me as having one book, the new one, Agency Woman.
"The Survival of Thomas Ford" and "Storm Damage" have now vanished from my author profile page...

They have gone off to start a new author page:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

...by a guy called "John A. A. Logan", with a SPACE between his "A."'s...

Is there any way a librarian could (Please!) help me get Storm Damage, and The Survival of Thomas Ford, re-attached to my original author profile, and get rid of the new "John A. A. Logan" (with a space between the "A"s) author profile that somehow got created when I did something wrong last night?

There's only one of me, honest!

John A.A. Logan

Jay-me (Janet)  | 4325 comments Moved the books back :)

message 3: by John (new)

John Logan (johnaalogan) | 346 comments Jay-me (Janet) ~plum chutney is best~ wrote: "Moved the books back :)"

Thank-you, Janet!!
You don't know what a relief that is, I thought I'd sabotaged my Goodreads account on Day One of my book launch.
It all looked so complicated and hopeless to me that I could hardly think of a way to even EXPLAIN what I'd done (not that I'm really sure exactly how I managed to do it!), let alone that anyone would really be able to fix it.
Thank-you!

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments I had a similar nightmare with Story of My Escape, John, good to know I'm not alone!

Good luck with the launch!

message 5: by John (new)

John Logan (johnaalogan) | 346 comments Thanks Andrew (Story of My Escape is an apt title in circumstances like these!)

message 6: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1790 comments The librarians here are expert jail breakers!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I love our group. :)

Janet, have a cookie.

Jay-me (Janet)  | 4325 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "I love our group. :)

Janet, have a cookie."

Thanks - I'll let someone else have the cookie though- must stick to the diet ;)