YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Catastrophic History of You and Me
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg, Restarting August 20th 2015

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Dying of a broken heart is just the beginning.... Welcome to forever.

BRIE'S LIFE ENDS AT SIXTEEN: Her boyfriend tells her he doesn't love her, and the news breaks her heart—literally.

But now that she's D&G (dead and gone), Brie is about to discover that love is way more complicated than she ever imagined. Back in Half Moon Bay, her family has begun to unravel. Her best friend has been keeping a secret about Jacob, the boy she loved and lost—and the truth behind his shattering betrayal. And then there's Patrick, Brie's mysterious new guide and resident Lost Soul . . . who just might hold the key to her forever after.

With Patrick's help, Brie will have to pass through the five stages of grief before she's ready to move on. But how do you begin again, when your heart is still in pieces?

Tatiana and I will read this book on February 22nd, 2014. Everyone welcome to join us!

message 2: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments Yay!

message 3: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments Random thing: I was lookig at the other editions, to see the covers, for the challenge, and then I came across the German title, which is a bit weird... It's something like this "Did you know you broke my heart?"

message 4: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments What? It's way different than the original title, even when it suits with the story. How many language you understand, by the way? I know that you speak English and Spanish well, can you speak German too?

message 5: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments I speak Portuguese, as that's my mother tongue, English, Spanish and a bit of German as well :)

message 6: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I always admire people who can understand/talk many languages :)

message 7: by Mei (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments I finished this book last October 2013, so I'll just join the discussion. I'm interested to hear what both of you think of it.

The German title is really far from the English title, but you'll get what it means as you go along! It's really odd, though. Sounds dramatic. Haha!

message 8: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Mei wrote: "I finished this book last October 2013, so I'll just join the discussion. I'm interested to hear what both of you think of it.

The German title is really far from the English title, but you'll get..."

I saw that you gave it 3 stars, Mei. My friend who recommended me gave it 5 stars, that's why I'm curious of this book.

message 9: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments Hey, Rachmi! Are you reading this? I'm enjoying it, but the writing style is a little bit annoying!

message 10: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I started it last weekend and read 2 chapters, I think but got distracted and couldn't get my mood back. Now I'm thinking to put it on hold for March since I can't put it on Mad Lib challenge. So sorry, Tatiana....

message 11: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments That's okay! I was thinking of putting it on hold as well

message 12: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Do you think we can reschedule it to March? it's still on my top priority shelf, though :)

message 13: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments Sure, can we do it on the first week? Around the 3rd?

message 14: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I have buddy read on 2nd but yes, I think I can do it on 3rd since 2nd is Sunday.

I will take my reading slowly next month, so I might need more time to finish it :)

message 15: by Tati (new) - added it

Tati | 10171 comments Don't worry about it! Even if I finish before you, I'll still discuss it with you

Tessa | 1951 comments Are you guys enjoying this one? I remember it to be quite boring :( .

message 17: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Tessa wrote: "Are you guys enjoying this one? I remember it to be quite boring :( ."

We put it on hold, Tessa. I only managed read 2 chapters so I can't say anything yet. We're going to continue it on March 3rd :)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3969 comments ME, SHARON AND HEATHER WILL BE READING THIS 20/08/15

Come join ^.^

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3969 comments I can't sleep so I'm gonna read :)

Chapter one: (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3969 comments Denial: (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3969 comments Anger: (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3969 comments Bargaining: (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3969 comments Sadness: (view spoiler)

Connie (sunstormsandthunderclouds) | 3969 comments Acceptance: I'm not crying you are