UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Author Zone - Readers Welcome! > Payment tab on KDP

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andy (new)

Andy Elliott | 1524 comments Just spotted a new (I think) tab on the KDP reports page, listing royalty payments. It only seems to go back as far as the most recent period but seems an improvement nevertheless. If anything it's an easier way of checking on which countries are buying one's books. I didn't even notice that a couple of folks in Mexico and Germany bought my titles. Graçias / danke!

message 2: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25096 comments I got an email from KDP today about it.

message 3: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Me too. I can see it being really useful, especially if they include historical data, at least as far as the current tax year goes.

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy Elliott | 1524 comments Just got the email as well. In the nine months or so I've been using KDP it's definitely showing signs of improvement.

message 5: by Martin (new)

Martin Hill (martinroyhill) | 22 comments It's taking the place of the monthly royalty email reports they've sending out.

message 6: by Belle (new)

Belle Blackburn | 29 comments I wrote them once asking if I could know which countries and they said they had to protect buyer identities. I asked why they didn't protect American identities and don't think I got an answer.

message 7: by Andy (new)

Andy Elliott | 1524 comments Belle wrote: "I wrote them once asking if I could know which countries and they said they had to protect buyer identities. I asked why they didn't protect American identities and don't think I got an answer."

The identities of anyone from the UK or US is fair game, isn't it? (I'll wait for GCHQ/NSA to answer).

message 8: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1674 comments Rofl

message 9: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Nope. Keep pressing that tab, but no money comes out!

message 10: by Andy (new)

Andy Elliott | 1524 comments The fact that Zon insist on paying me separately each month for every individual market is going to make filling in next year's tax return a bit complicated.

message 11: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1674 comments I am assuming the foreign payments have to be declared separately then? Argh. No wonder people hire accountants.

message 12: by Andy (new)

Andy Elliott | 1524 comments I think you can plonk them all in as coming from the same source of income, you just have to add them all together.

message 13: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1674 comments Ah cool.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I think Will might have the answer to that.