The First Phone Call from Heaven The First Phone Call from Heaven discussion

A must Read.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Sparks This book is amazing, the way the author starts the book to the surprise ending. It was book that you could not put down. Very well written.

Shalawn I agree...this was a really good book.

Alex Davidson Yeah it was awesome eh? How cool was the history lessons about Alexander Graham Bell inventing the telephone. I just love telling people the premise tho, like its great but the premise is a crack up.

leila The only Mitch Albom book I didn't enjoy reading.

Randall Christopher Ad1 wrote: "Yeah it was awesome eh? How cool was the history lessons about Alexander Graham Bell inventing the telephone. I just love telling people the premise tho, like its great but the premise is a crack up."

I agree. The Graham Bell parts were definitely my favorite parts, though I loved the story as well. The way Albom writes is utterly amazing, and there never seems to be a misplaced word or phrase.

Alex Davidson So you would recommend Alborn's other books?? This is the only one i have read.

message 7: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Sparks Yes. I liked Tuesdays with Morrie, and Five People you meet In Heaven. But it is what u prefer to read. I read all the time and like so many different author's.

Missy Leila wrote: "The only Mitch Albom book I didn't enjoy reading."

I agree-I love his work, but this one just wasn't as good.

message 9: by Jan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jan Strnad I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I was expecting something preachier, more heavily Christian and proselytizing, and was pleasantly surprised to see Albom's take on the phenomenon as more centered on the people than the religion.

Elaine I didn't know what to expect, but loved this book!!! I too think it is very well written.
However, I listen to mp3's almost exclusively so many times the enjoyment is dependent on the narration.
Highly recommend this book!!

Alexandra Leila wrote: "The only Mitch Albom book I didn't enjoy reading."

I couldn't even finish it, it was awful! I've loved every other book he's wrote. Such a disappointment