What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Boy who can make people fall in love with him by touch

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (michaelagb) This book was a sci-fi about a kid who when he touched anyone, they would instantly fall in love with him. There was another kid, who could see the future play out before it happened. And thats all I can really remember about it.

message 2: by Mir (new)

Mir | 712 comments I read a book with the part about making people love him, but I don't think he could tell the future. Did the boy turn out to have unknown siblings because his dad was a sperm donor? Was this an adult or juvenile book?

message 3: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (michaelagb) Miriam wrote: "I read a book with the part about making people love him, but I don't think he could tell the future. Did the boy turn out to have unknown siblings because his dad was a sperm donor? Was this an ad..."

Thanks! I think it was another character who could tell the future.. It was probably young adult since I was around 14 or 15, but I read adult fiction too. What book did you have in mind? I honestly can't remember about the sperm donor.. it sounds kind of familiar, but I'm not sure.

much appreciated!

message 4: by Mir (new)

Mir | 712 comments I'm trying to recall the title... I thought it was by Peter Hamilton but I don't see it. But it had a lot of sex and some rape so it would definitely be classed as Adult. I think it was set in the future but not sure.

message 5: by Daphne (new)

Daphne | 245 comments The sperm donor book is probably Children of the Thunder by John Brunner.

message 6: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (michaelagb) That's not the one.. but thanks! The one I'm thinking of is more from the perspective of the boy I described.

message 7: by Mir (new)

Mir | 712 comments That's the one I was thinking of, Daphne. It's from multiple POV including the boy David and a couple other boys (who turn out to be his half-brothers) -- but yeah, probably not the one you had in mind, Michaela. About how long ago did you read the book?

message 8: by Abby (new)

Abby | 214 comments Michaela, are you sure your story is a book, or could it be a short story? There was a short story in a Sci-Fi collection that sounded very similar to what you described. Is there a chance that could be it?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39281 comments Mod
Michaela left the group. Moving to Abandoned.