Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > sherry's monthly reads

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3831 comments only 4 books, but 2 BFB's.

We Are Water- wally lamb- loved it
The Art of Hearing HeartbeatsJan-Philipp Sendker- another really good read
The Goldfinch-donna tartt- it seemed like it took me forever and a day to read this- although i didn't hate this as much as liz did, i didn't really like it. i've read one of tartt's other books and enjoyed it but tried to read another and couldn't finish it because it was so wordy. overall, i liked the story, but don't care for the way she writes. if i wasn't reading it with all of you, i probably wouldn't have finished it.
Sycamore Row-john grisham- a fast read, definitely needed after reading the goldfinch.

message 2: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2719 comments Two really good ones make the month.

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3831 comments Daniel wrote: "Two really good ones make the month."

that they do, dan!

message 4: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Wow, 3 of the 4 are on my list, 1 I have already read. Must do some re-shuffling!! We have a snow storm coming tomorrow, so maybe I will get some books read, or organizing done
:)

message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3651 comments As long as you got 2 good ones you're doing okay!

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 15061 comments I was glad to have your thoughts in the discussions of The Goldfinch, Sherry - so I am glad you read it too. I found myself thinking of the book yesterday when the news of Philip Seymour Hoffman's overdose death broke.

message 7: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8302 comments Glad to hear you loved the Wally Lamb, Sherry.

It was so fun to hear everyone's perspective on The Goldfinch, What shall we read next?

message 8: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3831 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Glad to hear you loved the Wally Lamb, Sherry.

It was so fun to hear everyone's perspective on The Goldfinch, What shall we read next?"

something shorter...lol

message 9: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3692 comments good list as always sherry. I believe I grishan and the wally lamb book downloaded waiting to go on the nook. and I believe I have the next book by Jan phillip sendker. I forgot the title.

you need to check out the emilie richards one mountain away and the one my sister dropped off today somewhere between luck and trust. they are good.

message 10: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3831 comments Donnajo wrote: "good list as always sherry. I believe I grishan and the wally lamb book downloaded waiting to go on the nook. and I believe I have the next book by Jan phillip sendker. I forgot the title.

y..."

the author of "heartbeats" was at my local bookstore last week but i couldn't go because of work.
i'll check out emilie richards. thanks for th suggestion ,dj!