BOOK QUESTIONS > Do you Like Libraries?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace ᵔᴥᵔ (gracepasquale) | 377 comments Mod
Library Questions!

1. Do you go to your local library?
2. How often?
3. Do you borrow books or bring your own?
4. Where do you sit?
5. What do you do? (study/read/use computer/etc)
6. Do you like your local library?

I've heard a lot of controversy about what people think of their libraries, so I'd thought I'd ask all of you!
~
I like my library, but I feel awkward being out in the open haha. Maybe if I went there more often I'd feel differently!

message 2: by Taja (new)

Taja  (taozi) | 48 comments 1. I go sometimes, yes :)
2. How often? I have certain periods in a year where I go every other day to study, and during those times I often take breaks to read there as well. When it's not one of those weeks, I still visit sometimes, though very rarely.
3. Do you borrow books or bring your own? I borrow books sometimes but since the mother tounge here is Slovenian, they're not as well stocked in english books. I mean, they still have a lot of them but it's hard to find those exact ones that i want and it's hard to find new releases because we're behind on the novelties ... :\
4. Where do you sit? I sit in a special area for studying but not the quiet one. I always choose the one where you can also eat and where there's coffee and tea machines - because I only sit when I come to study. And when I come to study, I tend to stay long - hence, I need food :)
5. What do you do? (study/read/use computer/etc) I browse the shelves a lot :) Search for specific books, which takes a long time since we're not that well stocked :\ I also study as previously mentioned.
6. Do you like your local library? Its quite big and nice and we have a lot of different sections, so I generally do. But I dislike how behind on book trends we are (generally all over Slovenia) :\

message 3: by Arielle Rae (last edited Feb 05, 2014 03:02AM) (new)

Arielle Rae Aguilar | 55 comments Summary: I wont be able to live without them

1. & 2. Yes I go at LEAST 3 times a week
3. I borrow books, but since I'm always carrying a bag and my bag always has a book in it, then yes, I guess I do bring my own
4. I don't really sit. I browse around the bookshelves
5. Borrow books and pick up the books I requested
6. See summary

Libraries are like the plants which provide my oxygen. They provide the books that keeps me alive
(I'm a cheapskate and don't buy books when I could get them for free, or at a really cheap price... though that doesn't stop my house from bursting because of all the books in it, since I find a lot of ways to get more and more books)
I get actual panic attacks when i have less than 10 books out from the library at one time ><

P.s. I don't know what you mean by 'local' library, but I'm basing my answers on all the branches of our city's library (which is pretty HUGE compared from where I came from! Around 55 branches, since it's the country's most populated city, and I could request books from any of them. Yipee! :D)

message 4: by Megan, The Calm One (new)

Megan | 95 comments Mod
-Yes, two different ones.
2. How often?
-Once every week or two. But, each time I get a bunch of books.
-I borrow books.
4. Where do you sit?
-I don't really sit down in a library. There are seats, but I prefer to roam around and look at all the books.
5. What do you do?
-Find books to read then check them out.
-I like it. If I don't find a certain books at one library, I go to the other library. Overall, I love them both.

message 5: by Joi (new)

Joi | 87 comments 1. Do you go to your local library?
-Yes, I go to many different ones.

2. How often?
-When I'm home, I go maybe every weekend. But I go at least once a week.

-I borrow books.

4. Where do you sit?
-I sit in a big comfy chair...but if it's a Saturday then I have to sit at a table because it is usually crowded.

-Ummm....I read books.

-Yep, I love my local libraries.

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 543 comments Mod
I love the local library!

1. Yes!
2. At least once a week.
3. I borrow books (both physical and ebooks)
4. Sometimes I just go there to pick up my books, but most of the time stay at the YA section with my siblings :)
5. Read! :D
6. Of course!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

1. Do you go to your local library? Yes, since I was 4 years old.
2. How often? Not as often, since I buy books for 25cents at thrift shops. But I still browse the library shelves or just go down to talk to the librarians.
3. Do you borrow books or bring your own? Both
4. Where do you sit? At a conference like table.
5. What do you do? (study/read/use computer/etc)Borrow, study, use the computer, chat with people I know.
6. Do you like your local library? It's awesome. The librarians are friendly and have known me for years. The atmosphere is wonderful, and people I know I'll always bump into. I love my local library.

message 8: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 54 comments 1. Do you go to your local library? nope
2. How often? once every 2 years
3. Do you borrow books or bring your own? I wish that we had that many on english
4. Where do you sit? on a bench :P
5. What do you do? (study/read/use computer/etc) read and get excited
6. Do you like your local library? it's an awesome feeling :)

message 9: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor | 16 comments Grace wrote: "Library Questions!

1. Do you go to your local library? Not really
2. How often? Only in summertime really
3. Do you borrow books or bring your own?borrow books
4. Where do you sit? At a table
5. What do you do? Read & use the computer
6. Do you like your local library? Not really, the book selection is terrible. It's all really outdated :(

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

1. Yes of course i go to the my local library
2. I go every three weeks, when my books are due
3. I always borrow library books
4. I often sit in the YA section and we have a fireplace there so sometimes i sit there.
5. I take up most of my time choosing what books i want to take out. If i have extra time, i read or do some peer tutoring for my friends
6. I like my library. We dont necessarily have a wide variety or range of books to choose from, but its a cozy place. My library also isn't very popular so it kind of feels like my own private place ♥

message 11: by Meg (new)

Meg (pearlyshelves) | 5 comments 1. Do you go to your local library?
- Yes!
2. How often?
- Always. At least once a week?
- Mostly borrow books.
4. Where do you sit?
- I like being in the YA section.
- Spend a lot of time browsing the shelves. Occasionally I'd use a computer.
- Yes. It's the absolute book and CD heaven.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes
2. How often?
Well, too much, mostly twice or more times a week
I borrow books
4. Where do you sit?
Mostly I just borrow books and read them at home, but if I sit in the library I sit near the ya books, because there are lovely chairs <3
reading, borrowing books and sometimes studying
yes I love it, it's two months ago renewed and it's one of my favorite places to be.

message 13: by Colleen (new)

Colleen 1. Yes!
2. About every 2 weeks
3. Borrow
4. I normally don't sit but if I do there are booths in the ya section
5. I stare at all the books
6. I love it!!