What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. a young girl steps back in time and becomes part of another family

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Feb 02, 2014 06:37PM) (new)

Heather | 4 comments A young girl goes back in time and becomes part of another family while she is there. It could have been written in the late 70's early 80's.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather | 4 comments No, but it was nice to see some old friends :). I think the girls name may have been Anne.

message 4: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Heather, do you remember exactly when you read the book? And do you remember what time period the girl goes back to? Also, is it set in the USA, UK, or somewhere else? Any additional details would help a lot!

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Both Sides of Time? Girl is named Annie.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather | 4 comments I read it in '83 or '84. It was set in the US and sometime in the 1900's. I'm pretty sure she finds a ruined cabin in the woods and when she enters it, she goes back in time. Thank you Lobstergirl but that's not the one.

message 7: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2337 comments The Truth About Stone Hollow
by Zilpha Keatley Snyder
The new boy at school introduces Amy to the secrets of Stone Hollow where the circles of time converge.

message 8: by Bahar (new)

Bahar | 25 comments Could it be "The Root Cellar" by Janet Lund. The girl goes down into a root cellar and when she comes out she's in the past.

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather | 4 comments Still not the one. Thanks for your suggestions.

message 10: by Jesse (last edited Feb 04, 2014 11:01AM) (new)

message 11: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Bahar wrote: "Could it be "The Root Cellar" by Janet Lund. The girl goes down into a root cellar and when she comes out she's in the past."

A little off-topic, but I totally read that book! I was thinking about making a topic in this group for it, haha. Thanks :]

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 215 comments Long shot but I thought of "Parsley Sage, Rosemary & Time" when I read the description... I learned the word "gaol" from this book eons ago.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 13: by Bahar (new)

Bahar | 25 comments Holly wrote: "Bahar wrote: "Could it be "The Root Cellar" by Janet Lund. The girl goes down into a root cellar and when she comes out she's in the past."

A little off-topic, but I totally read that book! I was..."

Glad I could help someone!

message 14: by Holly (last edited May 08, 2014 07:08PM) (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments It's not Fog Magic, is it? Some of your details don't fit, but it does involve the girl finding a cabin in the woods & going back in time. It's also old enough, being published in the 40s originally (it was reprinted later, especially by Scholastic, I believe)

edit: also, if you're still looking for this book, you might want to check out this listopia.

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Heather, are you still looking for this? Was it anything mentioned from post 10 forward?

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Heather, are you still looking for this? Was it anything mentioned from post 10 forward?"

No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.