Live, Laugh & Love Books discussion

About You > If You Won A Million Dollars What Would You Do With It ALL?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa, The One Who LOVES to Cook (new)

Teresa | 940 comments Mod
The Question is simple: If you won a million dollars what would you do with it? I would LOVE to know. So PLEASE do tell.

message 2: by Caru (new)

Caru Buy books!!

message 3: by Teresa, The One Who LOVES to Cook (new)

Yeah I thought someone would say that.

I think if I won I would take my family on a REALLY NICE Vacation. Get things paid off, save some and BOOKS!!!!!!!!

message 4: by Caru (new)

Caru and get tickets to a Maroon 5 concert!!

message 5: by Teresa, The One Who LOVES to Cook (new)

That's a good one.

Get tickets for Imagine Dragons.

message 6: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Clark Pay off my student loans and buy a home and invest the rest so that I can travel whenever I choose :)

message 7: by Nikita (new)

Nikita Fix up house
Get a new car
Travel
Set up a savings fund for retirement
Go to Comic-Con
Buy everything that is on my wish list
Maybe I'll go back to school
Donate some to non-profit organizations

♕ ❤  ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (marilyngoodreadscom) I don't know.A millions a lot of money.
I'd take my partner and my family on holiday somewhere exotic for a month to think about it.

message 9: by beth (new)

beth (beth01) I'd go to Greece
And buy my to-read list
Then I'd save the rest for when there are more books on my to-read list!

message 10: by Brooke (last edited Feb 04, 2014 05:40AM) (new)

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) Id invest some
Put some away for when I transfer to VCU
Get a newer car (so my sister can use the one I have now)
Buy myself a lake house in Arizona (after I graduate)
Give some to my parents
And buy all the books I want :)

message 11: by Kaity (new)

Kaity (i-love-books-because-reasons) | 15 comments Buy all the books I want. :)

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather | 112 comments Get my House for the future and then Buy all the books I wanted

message 13: by Allison (new)

Allison Janezic (allilj) | 122 comments I actually know someone who won a million dollars. It was not me. After taxes it's around $700,000. He has been on disability prior to winning because of a work injury and he needs a cane to walk. After he won he lost his disability income and his health benefits. I understand why but in the grand scheme of things it truly is not a whole lot of money. He now has to pay for insurance at $600 a month. He had managed to find a job as a taxi driver and he did buy a small house so he does not have to rent anymore. Still property taxes each year are about $2,000. Hopefully it will last him until he can get to social security. Which is a ways off.

To answer your question I would pay off all my debts. All of my sister's debts. Make improvements to our home, flip it and buy a bigger one for all of us then buy a new car. If I had some left over I would go to Australia. At least once. Maybe open a doggie day care and employ my friends.

message 14: by Doug (new)

Doug Taylor | 23 comments I would take 50% out for taxes. I would spend 9 years living on 50,000 a year, and spend the rest on a college education (50,000 dollars).

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Buy a box for opening night at the Met Opera next season (Le nozze di Figaro!) and bring my friend. Meet the stars. Meet James Levine. Fly to Europe. Live in Tuscany.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) Pay off all of our debts! :) Anything left over we would use to travel a little, then save for those unforeseen things that always crop up.