Rush [❆ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇᴅ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ❆] discussion

The Town of Junction > ʟᴏɴɢ-ɪsʟᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀʀᴋ

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by somebody, Stuck with Silver (new)

somebody | 332 comments description

Not actually on an island, Long-Island Park gets it's name from the small river surrounding the place, usually called the long river, or less commonly endless river. Kids are usually at the place as well as love struck teens and tortured parents sitting on benches...

message 2: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments Rowan walked with her eyes facing straight ahead, her hand clutching her puppy's leash tightly. Vivi ran ahead, tumbling over and over due to her still over sized paws. The husky pup was being as hyper active as usual as her calm owner looked at her with a gleam of fondness in her eyes. This dog was her baby and no one was going to hurt her. Vivi finally turned around and pawed at Rowan's leg, wanting off the leash. "Sorry Vivi you'e still too young to be off yer leash." She said, her accent still thick."

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) Declan had decided to go to the park while his sister was asleep at home with their grandparents. He needed some time to just chill, so he sat on a swing, toes dragging in the dirt, the swing drifting back and forth ever so slightly as he looked out at the sky. His hands were occupied with a stress ball that he just kept tossing and catching. The ball was in time with the swing, it would drive him nuts if it weren't. He would have to work later, and would take Carly up to the resort so he could keep an eye on her, but the time was all his for now.

message 4: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments Vivi, of course, when she saw a boy tossing a ball in the air though that meant it was time for him and her to play. She pulled and spun around in her collar until she got free and began running across the grass to the other side of the jungle gym, where she had seen the boy walk past. "Vivi! Vivi get back her'!" Rowan called out as the puppy pounced at the boys feet. She moved her self to stand on her back paws and pawed at the air as if begging. She whined at the boy, wanting to play.

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) Declan nearly jumped out of his skin at the little pup, making him drop the ball, it rolling away from him. Where had the thing even come from? He looked around, trying to see where she had come from. He stood up, looking around, but his eyes skimmed over Rowen, only taking in the children and the parents that were all happily occupied, not even looking his way. He knelt down and picked up the ball, holding it out to the puppy, trying to draw it in so he could look at the collar. "Who are you, little one?"

message 6: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments Vivi came back down on all fours, happily yipping at him and licking his hand that held the ball out. Rowan finally spotted her dog and ran over across the park as Vivi placed her paws on his knees to lick his face. "Vivi no! Sit!" Rowen called and the dog whined but did as she was told, knowing the jip was up. "I'm really sorry abou' tha'." Rowen apologized to the boy as she too knelt down and petted Vivi. "She wiggled 'er way out o' 'er collar." She apologized to the boy.

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) Declan just smiled at the door, scratching the little thing behind the ears. "She's fine. She's a cute little bugger, what's her name?" he asked, thinking the girl was pretty, beautiful really. Just his luck that he would run into her today, good luck actually, his day hadn't been great. Carly had started seizing this morning, so he had to stay home with her. It was horrible for her, she was exhausted after that, the whole day was blown for her, and practically for him too. "I'm Declan, by the way."

message 8: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments "Yeah, but she also has a way o' causin' trouble." Rowan said with a sigh as she slipped the collar back on and kissed the dogs head. "'er name is Vivi. Jus' got 'er two months ago." She said as Vivi rolled on her stomach, wanting to be petted. She looked up and gave him her usual smile, a crooked one, pulling up at only one corner of her lips. She had been having a pretty good past few days so she was in an agreeable mood. She hadn't seized in three days so for her that was a wonderful week. "M' names Rowan. Nice to meet ye."

((tell me if her accent gets annoying cause then I'll write it normally.))

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) ((Could you right it normal. I can imagine accents, but my brain doesn't understand things all the time.))

Declan smiled at her, shaking his head at the little one. "Vivi, huh, you're a little devil for real, aren't you? You just have the face of an angel?" he teased the puppy softly. He scratched her stomach for her. He had always loved animals, and he didn't like not being able to have pets. "It's nice to meet you too, Rowan," he told her, offering a hand out to her, purposefully the one that hadn't been scratching the puppy, just to be polite. "Do you think she would like to play fetch?"

message 10: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments ((Alright that's fine lol. Glad I asked then!))

"Oh she is, she used cuddles to make up for it all the time. I fear when she'll grow to be as tall as my hip." Rowan said with a sigh. She looked up and slowly reached her hand out, shaking his hand once. "Oh, you don't have to play fetch with her just because she came to you. I wouldn't want you to go through any trouble." She said as she also pet the little puppy's belly, fingers brushing his occasionally.

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) "Yeah, she will get pretty big, how old is she?" he asked, tossing the ball just a short distance away to let the pup chase it. "Oh no, it's no trouble. I actually quite love animals. I've been looking for something to do all day, it's nice to have someone around who won't judge me. You're not bad either," he told her with a wry smiled, attempting humor. He might as well have a nice time with the girl, he probably would never see her again ever this, nor her pup.

message 12: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments "She's about three months." She Rowan said as she watched Vivi chase after the stress ball, tripping along the way and batting at it with her paws as it bounced. She finally caught it and raced back. "Well thanks." She said with her own dry humor attempt. "I try to be less intimidating sometimes. Good to know it works." She snorted a bit. She peered at him a little. "Have I seen you before?" She questioned. She didn't really pay much attention to her surroundings but he seemed a bit familiar.

message 13: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) "So her growing hasn't really even started yet, has it?" he asked, watching the puppy, thinking he didn't much care if that stress ball got ruined, he had about thirty more at home. "I know, sometimes it's hard to reign in the overbearing nature of my ego and try to be civil," he was a bit surprised that she caught on so quick, and that she was so receptive to his humor. "Seen me? Probably not? I'm not around much, between work and my sister, thing are pretty busy."

message 14: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments "No it hasn't, I kind of wish she'd stay this small, but she'll always be my silly baby." she said with a sigh, but a lovable one. "It can be quite hard to talk with some of these mere mortals." She said once again tacking onto his humor with ease. She got his dry sense of humor more that she would a class clowns loud mouth jokes. She liked his more subtle sarcastic way of things. Vivi came running up and pawing at his leg again, wanting him to throw it for her. "Oh, well where do you work." She said to keep the conversation going.

message 15: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) Declan smiled softly, thinking it must be nice to have such faith in things. He chuckled outright at her response this time, shaking his head. As the puppy came up to him, he took the ball and threw it a little further this time. "I work up at the ski resort, though it was a recent thing, haven't even been on staff a year," he shrugged, thinking that before that most of his time was spent in a hospital, and given how she looked, he doubted that she had spent much time there.

message 16: by Lyric (last edited Feb 24, 2014 05:49PM) (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments "Oh, I'm staying there actually, just got my place. I'm there to work on my skating." She said, nodding to he bag that she set down, the tops of her white skates sticking out. Though she spend a lot of time in the hospital as well, but as a patient, though she only goes if the seizes are truly bad so it's not as often as it used to me. Vivi chased the ball once again, yipping loudly.

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) "Oh, you're a skater? They have an insane rink up there, it's huge. They used to have competitions there. And hockey games, we used to go as a family thing," Declan shrugged, though sadness crept into his eyes for the briefest of moments. His eyes tracked Vivi in her running and tumbling after the ball. "Did your parents send you here? Or are they here too?" he asked, glancing over at her. He liked talking to her.

message 18: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments "Yeah, I've been skating since I was a little girl." Rowan said with a nod. "I'm hoping I can get back on track to get into the Olympics someday. And yes, the rink is quite good and I competed on it before. I also like watching hockey games went I can." She said and watched Vivi come running back, stopping to sniff and be petted by random children. "My parents sent me here but haven't come since they have work. My brother lives not to far from here though."

message 19: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) "It must be nice, I bet you're amazing too," he told her, thinking to ever have a chance at the Olympics, she had to be amazing. Declan watched the kids with the dog, not sure which would be in more danger from the other if things turned bad. "Where are you from?" he asked her, thinking getting to know her a little couldn't hurt much. She seemed to be content with spilling her life currently, where he didn't even know if he could.

message 20: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments Rowan really didn't want to say her chances were slim to none because of her condition. It heart her heart to much. "Thank you." She said, a bit surprised at his compliment. Vivi came bounding back with the ball. "Oh, I'm from Ireland." She said with a nod. "Though I'm sure it's not hard to tell." She said touching her throat a bit.

message 21: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) Declan could hear her surprise more than he could see it, and it was nice to catch someone off guard. As Vivi came back he took the ball, looking at the little puppy. "Are you done yet, or shall I throw again?" he asked her, holding the ball close to her nose to see if she was still interested. He turned to Rowan as she spoke. "I thought so, but I didn't want to make any assumptions though, your accent could have been something else. I'm not exactly great at identifying them.

message 22: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments Vivi stared at the ball going cross eyes in the process, obviously wanting more fun with the round red squishy item of ultimate fun.....well at least for the next few minutes it was. She whined in anticipation and shifted from paw to paw. Rowan shrugged her shoulders. "I wouldn't have gotten offended." She said and shook her head. "I find it incredibly stupid when a person gets offended over something simple like that."

message 23: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments (?)

message 24: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) ((I responded to this... boo hiss, goodreads.))

Declan tossed the ball from hand to hand for a moment, before tossing it away from him again, chuckling softly at the puppy's excitement. "Good, I mean, I understand being offended if someone is being mean, but some girls look to deep into what you say. Guys normally mean exactly what comes out of their mouth," he shrugged, running his fingers through his hair. "How long will you be in town?"

message 25: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments ((XD))

Vivi of course chased after the amazing little thing and Teagan gave Declan a short shrug. "I'm not sure actually, I know it will be no less than two months. IF things go well I might end up moving to town, if not I'll head back to Ireland." She said with a short nod. "Just gotta see where life will lead me." She grumbled a bit, not really giving much detail on what 'if things go well' truly meant."

message 26: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) "Two months from now? That's quite a bit of time. Are you familiar with the town? There's quite a lot here if you know where to look," he offered, trying to cheer her up again, though wondering what she meant by if things go well. Was that the Olympics? Or some sort of competition," he rambled on, shrugging. He was trying to ease things, get her more settled here, make her feel better.

message 27: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments "Ah, I'm familiar with most of the town, not all of it though. I've been coming here since I was little" Rowan said simply, her eyes shifting to the side before meeting his again. "Though I'm sure not as well as you. Since you live here right?" She asked, changing the subject from her self to him.

message 28: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) "I don't think I'm quite familiar with all of it either. I moved here a few years ago, but I haven't had much time to just wander. Life gets busy, though maybe we can find some time to figure out everything that's here, exchange our hidden jewels," he offered, thinking it wouldn't be too bad, the girl was starting to grow on him. "Have you been down by the crafting places on the other side of town?"

message 29: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments Rowan found herself automatically nodding a bit, without even having time to think about. "Yeah that sounds nice. Though your right, live gets a bit unpredictable." She agrees. "And no I don't believe I've been to the other side of town very much. I stay near the resort most of the time." She said not mentioning she's only been in town for groceries and hospital trips.

message 30: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) Declan smiled a little at her. "We'll have to go to the other side of town together some time," he told her with a smile, writing out his phone number and handing it to her. "Here's my number, call me when you have some free time, other than today, of course." He smiled as he watched Vivi, missing the first time his phone went off. He couldn't miss the second time though. He pulled his phone out and glanced between it and her. "I have to take this, sorry, I'll be right back," he told her, getting up and putting some distance before he picked up his sister's call.

message 31: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments Rowan was actually surprised a guy was giving her his number and actually enjoyed his time with her. She wasn't the most social out there, mostly focused on her ice skating career and her schooling. Vivi came back, spitting out the ball and pawing at Rowan to pick her up. "Take your time." Rowan said as she walked away.

message 32: by Megan (new)

Megan (nightrunner) Declan talked his sister down from her near hysteria, then turned to look for Rowan and say her walking away. He shook his head, saying goodbye to his sister, then jogging up after her. "Hey, where are you headed?" he asked her with a smile. He reached down to gently pet Vivi's head. He didn't want them to just leave. He fell into stride just beside her, sticking his hands in his pocket and shrugging his shoulders back.

message 33: by Lyric (new)

Lyric Mermaidan (ambrosiadaughterofzeus) | 41 comments "Oh, I was just going to give you space for your call." Rowan said as her also pet Vivi, her hand brushing his. "But if your asking what I'm doing after this, I'm going to drop Vivi off and then head to the rink for a practice skate." She said nodding to her black skate back. She really enjoyed the boys company, something that happened not very often.

Rush [❆ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇᴅ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ❆]

unread topics | mark unread