Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Merging Author profiles and adding a book

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M Todd (new)

M Todd Gallowglas (mgallowglas) | 5 comments I have two author profiles due to a misplaced period, and I'm having trouble adding my newest book. Would it be possible to merge them?

M. Todd Gallowglas https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

M Todd Gallowglas https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

Also like if I could Have my new book DEAD WEIGHT: The Tombs added to my main author page M. Todd Gallowglas.

Thank you!

message 2: by Abcdarian (last edited Feb 02, 2014 08:54AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments I moved all the books from M Todd to M. Todd by adding the period to each. It would take someone higher up to combine the profiles (M Todd is now empty), but you might want to leave it and just keep an eye on it, since more of your books may show up under that name.

message 3: by Lan (new)

Lan LLP | 30 comments I've sent out several requests to have my basic account merged with my book and bump up to author page, but I've had no luck. My book is now published, and I provided an ASIN number in my last request. Please help :/

Lan

message 4: by Lan (new)

Lan LLP | 30 comments My book title is Beginning with Forever by Lan LLP

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie Claire They have been merged, you are all set. :)

message 6: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Lan, I think that requires you to contact support. librarians don't have that kind of power, only goodreads employees.

have you filled this page out?

https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

if so, it might take a few days to get a response. at least, that's my understanding.

message 7: by Lan (new)

Lan LLP | 30 comments Thank you:)

message 8: by Lan (new)

Lan LLP | 30 comments Kati-were you talking about my account? Because its not merged yet.

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie Claire I looked it up, and there is only one copy, wheras before you had two. Do you mean a goodreads employee has not bumped you up to author status?

message 10: by Lan (new)

Lan LLP | 30 comments Yes- I added a book and I have a basic account. I just want my account w/my book to be merged with my basic account w/the face photo

message 11: by Lan (new)

Lan LLP | 30 comments Katie, I've tried contacting support like 5-6 times already. It's been over a month since I've asked to be bumped up to author status and no one has responded. How else can I get this done? Please help

message 12: by Ren (new)

Ren | 688 comments Lan, the staff are the ones who handle those kind of requests. Librarians can't do anything about it aside from suggesting to contact the staff again. It's my understanding that if there isn't a publisher or ISBN number they won't approve an author request until their first book has been published, so your earlier requests were probably ignored due to that.

message 13: by Lan (new)

Lan LLP | 30 comments But why are they ignoring me now? I've provided an ASIN number to prove that my book is published. Is there a special link to reach them?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

DEAD WEIGHT: The Tombs (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

M. Todd Gallowglas (other topics)