The Young Adult Historical Fiction Society discussion

The Edge on the Sword
This topic is about The Edge on the Sword
2014 Group Reads > The Edge on the Sword, by Rebecca Tingle - February's Read

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charmaine (new)

Charmaine (empress_charla) | 276 comments Mod
Has anyone read this book? If not, feel free to read this book for this month and share your thoughts :-)

QNPoohBear | 120 comments I read it a long time ago and really liked it. It was a time period unknown to me. It made what I've learned in the classroom come to life.

message 3: by Lady Knight (last edited Feb 05, 2014 07:56PM) (new) - added it

Lady Knight I loved this book when I first read it as a teen! Really excited to re-read this!

Nanci | 64 comments Just finished The Edge on the Sword. The author kept my interest right from the start. I thought it was really interesting to read about this period of history that is so far back in time it almost seems like legend. I like the way this author imagined the young life of an amazing queen I had never even heard of and brought her to life. I also like that at the end of the story, she tells some of the facts about what is known of the adult life of Aethelfraed.

message 5: by Charmaine (new)

Charmaine (empress_charla) | 276 comments Mod
She is a real queen? That's cool :-) I haven't gotten to this book yet but I will request it from the library. Is it an exciting story?

Nanci | 64 comments Charmaine wrote: "She is a real queen? That's cool :-) I haven't gotten to this book yet but I will request it from the library. Is it an exciting story?"

I liked it. It is not Lord of the Rings and it doesn't really have much in the way of romance but I liked the way it was written.