YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Fathomless (Fairytale Retellings, #3)
This topic is about Fathomless
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Fathomless (Fairytale Retellings #3) by Jackson Pearce ---> Starting 8th of February, 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Fathomless by Jackson Pearce

Celia Reynolds is the youngest in a set of triplets and the one with the least valuable power. Anne can see the future, and Jane can see the present, but all Celia can see is the past. And the past seems so insignificant -- until Celia meets Lo.

Lo doesn't know who she is. Or who she was. Once a human, she is now almost entirely a creature of the sea -- a nymph, an ocean girl, a mermaid -- all terms too pretty for the soulless monster she knows she's becoming. Lo clings to shreds of her former self, fighting to remember her past, even as she's tempted to embrace her dark immortality.

When a handsome boy named Jude falls off a pier and into the ocean, Celia and Lo work together to rescue him from the waves. The two form a friendship, but soon they find themselves competing for Jude's affection. Lo wants more than that, though. According to the ocean girls, there's only one way for Lo to earn back her humanity. She must persuade a mortal to love her . . . and steal his soul.

Pls feel free to join @Sarah and I on the 8th for this. :)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83364 comments Mod
I totally forgot this Rachel!

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments @Sarah Oh my goodness! Me too. Sorry! I have so many buddy reads, it just gets out of control. Sorry! :(

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments @Sarah Sorry, starting this in a minute. Need to write some reviews for the Mad Libs challenge then I'll start.

I'm not going to be able to start this until a bit later today now, which will probably be tomorrow for you! I'll catch you up though ☺

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments @Sarah I am not going to get much read so don't worry. I am going to be soon. I read the first 10 pages so far and its start really intense!! :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments 20% - My eyes cannot stay open any longer - putting this down for the night.

Its okay. I don't know quite what is going on to be honest which is saddening me because this is one of my favourite series.

(view spoiler)

Good night ☺ I'll try and catch you up later ☺ Hopefully things will be clearer in the morning!

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments @Sarah Thanks. You don't have to catch up. Just read at your own pace! You're a faster reader than me anyway, you'll probably finish it before me! :) I hope it does get clearer too. I'll try to read more now. :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments 29% - Huge plot twist! Ahhhhhhhhh! :P

Will talk about it more later. Late for dance class. Gotta go. Wish I could read more. :(

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sorry, I am back from dance now. :)

29% - (view spoiler)

12% (view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "12% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments 63% - (view spoiler)

22% (view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "22% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments 82% - (view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments 100% - Disappointing. I didn't really like that much at all. So much didn't work for me. The characters weren't that great. The writing was gorgeously poetic though. The ending was also disappointing. What a huge let down! Still eager to read Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings, #4) by Jackson Pearce though. :)

I'm still at 40 something %, this is one book that you actually finished before me ha ha! ;)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments @Sarah What are your thoughts so far??

Ahhaha! Wow, first time!!! :P

I like it so far, I'd probably give it 3.5 stars at the moment.
I like the mystery surrounding Lo/Naida, and I'm interested to see what happens to Jude and the three girls with powers. It's much better than some of the other rubbish I've read this week!

"How do you know which one to buy?" I ask.
"You can just feel it."
"Really?"
"No. I researched it online and figured I wanted this one."

That's funny!

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "I like it so far, I'd probably give it 3.5 stars at the moment.
I like the mystery surrounding Lo/Naida, and I'm interested to see what happens to Jude and the three girls with powers. It's much be..."

I am glad you are liking it! I thought the best part was the Lo/Naida mystery too and I agree that is a lot better than some of the rubbish I have read recently. :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: ""How do you know which one to buy?" I ask.
"You can just feel it."
"Really?"
"No. I researched it online and figured I wanted this one."

That's funny!"

Ahaha, I loved that part. Jude is pretty funny! :P

I liked it when he said something to Celia and she wasn't impressed, so he replied "Bet you're wishing you'd left me in the ocean now?"

49% (view spoiler)

message 28: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Feb 15, 2014 03:13AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rachel wrote: "Sorry, I am back from dance now. :)

29% - "

I can't remember a darn thing from sisters red, it is so so long since i read it. i don't remember understanding it at the time but i think i had a really bad migraine when i read it.

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments @Sarah Ahaha yes! And when he was talking to her and she said something and he was all "That would have been poetic if you weren't wearing a hat with sea turtles on it." :)

even though it was him who made her wear the hat with the sea turtles on it!

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Sorry, I am back from dance now. :)

29% - "

I can't remember a darn thing from sisters red, it is so so long since i read it. i don't remember understanding it at the time but i th..."

Oh really!? I loved it. :) This one barely relates to Sisters Red - only that Celia is related to Silas - but it is very, very closely related to Sweetly. Di you like that one?? :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "even though it was him who made her wear the hat with the sea turtles on it!"

Exactly! :P

message 33: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Feb 15, 2014 03:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I haven't gotten round to sweetly yet, the cover creeps me out Sweetly (Fairytale Retellings, #2) by Jackson Pearce
someone told me that you can read these as standalones though so I thought I'd read this one with you ☺ I think I'll have to go back and re-read sisters red!

54% (view spoiler)

message 35: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Feb 15, 2014 03:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

58% (view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "I haven't gotten round to sweetly yet, the cover creeps me out Sweetly (Fairytale Retellings, #2) by Jackson Pearce
someone told me that you can read these as standalones though so I thought I'd read this one with you ☺ I ..."

Oh, well they kind of can but I think you would have enjoyed this soooooooooooo much more if you knew the vital importance of her being Naida from Sweetly but it doesn't really matter. If you go back and read it you can see the connections there. :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "54% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "58% [spoilers removed]"

That is what I thought!!! That happens a lot though! :/

he's sitting an arms length from her, he should notice that she's not wearing clothes!

63% (view spoiler)

64% (view spoiler)

68% (view spoiler)

78% (view spoiler)

Wow! The ending was really good!

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "he's sitting an arms length from her, he should notice that she's not wearing clothes!"

Ahaha I agree! :P

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "63% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "64% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "Wow! The ending was really good!"

I don't know what I thought of the ending. It kind of didn't work for me - the epilogue at least. :/

(view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

« previous 1