Shounen Manga Book Club discussion

Ranma ½, Vol. 1 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #1)
This topic is about Ranma ½, Vol. 1 (Ranma ½
Group Reads > Ranma ½ Discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (radiantserenechaos) | 336 comments Ranma ½ is one of the series we are reading for February. We are discussing the first four volumes as a group.

Ranma Saotome never thought a martial arts training mission to China would turn out like this! An accidental dunk in a cursed spring changes boy Ranma into a young girl, every time he is splashed with cold water. Hot water reverses the effect - but only until next time!

Discuss Ranma ½ here!

Kristen | 224 comments I liked Ranma 1/2. I was only able to read the first two volumes when I read it about a year and a half ago, though. But what I read was enjoyable. I love Rumiko's art style and the story is pretty funny. Of course, with the plot device of switvhing between a boy and a girl, there are going to be lots of wacky situations. It was a bit over the top sometimes, but it was bearable.

message 3: by Mike (new)

Mike | 239 comments Mod
Ranma was one of the first manga I ever read and is a fun series. It is definitely over the top at points, and gets more so and formulaic later on, but still manages to be quite amusing. I think I read 20+ volumes before tiring of it. The cast is diverse and engagingly quirky, and the comedy really works. And as you point out the art style is great (and quite unique).