23 Short Classics discussion

The Hound of the Baskervilles (Sherlock Holmes, #5)
This topic is about The Hound of the Baskervilles
February Book - The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Lenhardt (melissalenhardt) | 31 comments Mod
Looks like we will be visiting 221 Baker Street this month.

message 2: by DianaRS (new)

DianaRS | 2 comments Well, all righty then. Sherlock, it is.

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) Well, this is my first Sherlock Holmes - after seeing a lot of his adventures on tv, that is. I just started it, and I think it will be a really nice read!

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) Because it is written as a story told by Watson, about events which took place some time ago, I think it is not as 'heart-chilling' as it would have been otherwise (when it was written like something which happens at this moment). Like this it is more like a puzzle to be solved. Maybe this is better for my rest at night ;)...

Jonelle (joco) | 16 comments I'm glad to hear that others struggles getting through it! I enjoyed the book, but would fall asleep a lot (read at bedtime) with this one. Put it down to my slower reading pace.
But I loved Animal Farm and read that one more quickly.
Won't doubt myself next time, and include that in my comments!
Thank you, Melissa, for putting this together!

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) Jonelle wrote: "I'm glad to hear that others struggles getting through it! I enjoyed the book, but would fall asleep a lot (read at bedtime) with this one. Put it down to my slower reading pace.
But I loved Animal..."

I second that: thanks Melissa!
I'm also glad that I joined this group so soon after it started, so I didn't miss much (in fact, I read the january read as well in february - that's the nice things about short classics!).