Shut Up & Read discussion

I, the Provocateur
This topic is about I, the Provocateur
Archives > Indie Pick- I, the Provocateur by Vardan Partamyan

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3781 comments Mod
Discuss as you read, but please use SPOILERS for those of us who haven't gotten as far as you!!! (Check out the 'some html is ok' box above the post box for spoiler tags.)

Happy reading!

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 201 comments Tt (Never Ending Stories Book Blog) wrote: "Discuss as you read, but please use SPOILERS for those of us who haven't gotten as far as you!!! (Check out the 'some html is ok' box above the post box for spoiler tags.)

Happy reading!"

I will be happy to participate in the discussion and answer all the questions of the participating group members. Thank you very much for the selection and I look forward to the discussion!

By the way, I, the Provocateur is currently on a 99c sale on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/I-Provocateur-V...

Nila | 3 comments Not my usual genre at all to be truthful. I found this story written as a novel with a little bit of great poetry thrown in, I read it like an episode from a show on the Sci-Fi channel. They need to make into a movie or episode on the Sci-Fi channel. It grabs you from the very start with some heart pounding action but wasn't sure why till half way through when the author got to a little more explanation. I thought the main character was very strong hero.
I loved the cover! Wondering what others thought of the book, other people that read this Genre more often then I do. A steal at .99

Nila | 3 comments I also voted this book on Listopia for Badass Humans or mortals!

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 201 comments Nila wrote: "I also voted this book on Listopia for Badass Humans or mortals!"

Thanks a lot Nila! I am very glad you enjoyed the story, which is basically my counter-argument to 1984. In this interview I talk about that as well as other things that have inspired me in my writing:

http://civilnet.am/vardan-partamyan-h...

message 6: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh | 15898 comments Mod
I finished it. I will say I wasn't sure if I was going to like it at first. Then I got sucked in. The main character Adrian reminds me of Jason Bourne trying to take down a corrupted government but the setting is the future on an alien planet. What's not to love? Jason Bourne meets Star Trek.

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 201 comments Leigh wrote: "I finished it. I will say I wasn't sure if I was going to like it at first. Then I got sucked in. The main character Adrian reminds me of Jason Bourne trying to take down a corrupted government but..."

I liked the Jason Bourne meets Star Trek... various reviews have compared the novel to 1984, Total Recall (the film), James Bond novels and, last but not the least, I guess, Austin Powers films (referring to the lighter aspects of life on the peaceful and totalitarian planet of Remania) :)))

message 8: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leigh | 15898 comments Mod
I never watched Austin Powers but I have seen the commercial for the movies. Even though there are some lighter moments in the book I don't see it as a Austin Powers Movie. Maybe Jason Bourne meets Star Trek in a semi Austin Power's world? I doesn't roll off the tongue.

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 201 comments Leigh wrote: "I never watched Austin Powers but I have seen the commercial for the movies. Even though there are some lighter moments in the book I don't see it as a Austin Powers Movie. Maybe Jason Bourne meets..."

I do not agree with the Austin Powers description...there are certainly elements of dystopian worlds seen through the prism of what I saw and experienced during my years of growing up in the Soviet Union...

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 201 comments at the same time, I have to say that every oppressive regime is the same in its core...the language, the culture and the time may vary but the root of the problem remains the same...power corrupts, power perverts... the danger of losing power drives to, through and beyond any moral, social or religious extremes...