2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE - General > challenges

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 48 comments At the risk of seeming stupid, I'm just going to ask; Where do all the challenges come from? Is there a place to choose one? Do I invent my own? Do I copy someone else? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be a good participant. :)

message 2: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (readinbooks) | 1912 comments Hi Jackie,

Welcome to the group. The challenges are usually created by the moderators of the group and sometimes created by members. There is a thread called Challenge Ideas and people who have ideas for challenges can put them there.

Our group has Yearly Challenges, Quarterly Challenges and Monthly Challenges. You can sign up for as many or as few as you want. Within each challenge, you can sign up for how ever many books you think you can read during that challenge.

Any book you read can be used in as many challenges as you can make it fit in, according to the challenge descriptions. However, a book can only be used once within the same challenge. I hope that makes sense.

You can join a challenge any time within the month, quarter or year. Just tell the challenge leader you wish to join and how many books you want to read.

The challenges are fun to join and there is no pressure at all.

Aside from challenges, our group has buddy reads. Anyone can suggest/request a buddy read and anyone is welcome to join any buddy read that has already been organized.

We have a really great group here. Please don't hesitate to ask any more questions.

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 48 comments thanks so much!

message 4: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (readinbooks) | 1912 comments You are welcome!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.