Darkness Reigns *Advanced Group* discussion

MoD Chat, Mods only!!!!

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 64 comments Mod
So me and mods will convey messages back and forth on the production of the group.

message 2: by Jacob (new)

Savannah first things first:
The Description.
you sya you cna improve it and i have full faith in you I jsut psoted the poem because I could think of nothing else.
I know you are better at almost everything about rp than myself so I want your help and it is much appreciated, as always.

message 3: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) I think I can make it more alluring, but don't hold you're breath too much just in case I fail :p.

You know you're good at all this writing stuff to! Im just more...'fluffy' with it all while you're all about the action and getting things to advance at a quick pace.

I'll get started on the description :).

Is the name of that one family the O'Brians or the O'Briens? You had the latter but Im more accustomed to the prior so figured Id ask. Im glad you liked the writing sample for Sam. Im thinking that she will be easy enough to pull into the plot. I also went with the assumption that the blood and dna itself of the cursed would be altered to a point of noticing. Was i right? I hope so cause otherwise it wouldnt be as helpful for her character.

I noticed Aaron or whoever made one of the white witches. Is he going to be active with her? Its a big role is why I ask.

message 4: by Jacob (new)

O'Briens it's the older spelling before th efamily divided and went in speperate palces and becomign American citizens the family name has been known to change to be mrore American as most immigrant names were.

I will be getitng rid of aaron should he not make notice and I will probably be doing that tomorrow as he has until then...

It would being a Genetic altering thing, much like if there were a werewolf virus no one would eb able to identify it as niether wolf nor human it would probably be covered up byt eh governemt and state sometihng about canine DNA compromised by human DNA and therefore it would be noted as irrelivant...so yes you are ont eh right track of things ebcuase as much as it changes a person ont eh outside I beleive it would be quite detectable even for magic to be inducing it.

message 5: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Mkay, I'll make sure to use O'Brien as the offical. But I may have them have changed it to O'Brian generations back because of the folktales involving the banshees--sorta like a way to kind of protect the girls of their family in case the legends were true. Not sure yet if I'll so that or not.

Nice to know I was on track with the genetical aspects :). Then Sam's character will indeed be useful in the story. I was thinking it would have some sort of altercation to the genes or blood, so a really trained and intelligent person would be able to detect the changes.

Well, message Aaron just to make sure. But if I recall right from Hells, he did not do very well with being active or even using the poorly made character he posted at one point. Im not saying he would be bad at the spot. Just try messaging him before removing him from the role and asking him if he will be able to handle it.

App is a pretty on her game mod in Hells, so it may also be a good idea to have her on bored here as well. But ultimately that is your decision. Do you need me to review Lucy's shifter character and help you 'edit' it? Can a curse be passed to a child? I wouldnt think so...but I may be wrong? I could see it as either way, i suppose.

message 6: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) This is the first one I made. I have another one in process. Im not sure which would be better, so wait till I get them all uo and done before you make a decision if you like one good enough to use. Sorry if it sucks a bit :/. My dad is talking to me and distracting me.

(view spoiler)

message 7: by Jacob (new)

I will message Aaron

As for App I do agree

I would much appreciate that for Lucy, I lvoe her to death but sometimes some people jsut are not ont he right track as with my mind and it bothers me no one can read my mind lol...

A curse cannot be passed from parent to child I have it that way so that everyone doesn't use the story that they were born with it or something like that.
Otherwise I would say it can be passed on, but if that were the case then there would be a banshee in every Irish/Scottish family of one of those families...and we can't have that...

as for the description sounds alright that way but I'll wait for the others.

message 8: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Mkay, I read over Lucy's character's history. Im...not sure what to really say about it. Why would it matter if her mother was cursed? Why did the witch go into the hospital to curse that kid? She has a twin sister...what happened to her? Was she cursed to? Why did the witch decide to actually raise the kid? Couldnt she just curse an older person to have the power already there rather than raising a kid? Bleh. I just don't know.

As for the description, for once my mind is not working. We can keep your poem there if you like it better thsn the current description I got made up. Im just in a description slump, I think.

message 9: by Jacob (new)

I like your description maybe just a few small and minor changes in adjusting it and it seems perfect.

message 10: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Adjust away, then :).

message 11: by Jacob (new)

Your heartbeat quickens. The hairs on your arms stand straight, yet when you look over your shoulder all you see are the shadows that come with the night. Forcing the paranoia aside, you pick up your pace and face forward. Along the lines of evolution, humans' intelligence 'increased', allowing them to rationalize situations. "Oh, it was just the wind..." No...it wasn't just the wind. However, deep down humans still possess a survival instinct. It's that instinct that finally tells you to run, to get as far as possible because you aren't safe. By this time, it is too late. The shadows have surrounded you and your time is limited. The Dark Spirit Witch has found you.

Welcome to Argentumbra, home of legends and spooky tales. Recently, their have been people to go missing. Some turn up, but their minds have been altered...as if they were not themselves anymore. Others come back to us in body bags. Then there are the few that never return; those ones belong to the shadows. Such events should drive everyone far from this place, not pull more to it. People are rather clueless creatures. They flock to danger like moths to a flame. Argentumbra is not safe, the exact opposite actually. There is darkness here... Those who walk among us may not be of holiness anymore, and we may not even notice. The shadows walk among us and we remain clueless to the presence of their being. Here in Argentumbra we face the darkness and we suffer for it.

Argentumbra...the place of legends and truth. The place the shadows and darkness have manifested. The place where all your nightmares become a reality.

message 12: by Jacob (new)

I didn't actually adjust i merely added a few sentences literally like two or three...lol

message 13: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Works for me, so long as you like it.

Was I missing a lot on Sam's profile? I did her a bit late, it's possible she isn't that good on paper.

message 14: by Jacob (new)

I like her alot so far, but where is the rest after Likes and Dislikes?

message 15: by Jacob (new)

Savannah wrote: "Mkay, I read over Lucy's character's history. Im...not sure what to really say about it. Why would it matter if her mother was cursed? Why did the witch go into the hospital to curse that kid? She ..."

As for Lucy I have no idea what else to say to her...I'm done working on it love her to death but I seriously have lost all inspiration to make that character perfected just a tad more form it's current style.

message 16: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) The rest currently is not there. I forget whatelse you required to put in the profile, but I'll look over it. I know transportation was one of them.

As for Lucy's, I'll ask her a few more questions and see what I can get fixed up.

message 17: by Jacob (new)

okay thnx...I really tried helping her out, but clearly what runs in my mind and explaining it on post is quite different...clearly.

message 18: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Mkay! I've added on the latter parts of Sam's profile. Let me know if she is approved in your standards or not?

Are their any other particular sort of characters you need made right now?

Also! Are you going to Mod App up or not? It may encourage her to reimmerse herself into the group.

message 19: by Jacob (new)

yeah I am and also your characters are always perfect no need to looka t her but I'm going to anyway...

✿.Ⓐⓟⓞⓞⓡⓥⓐ.✿ (apoorvak) | 2 comments Mod
Hey... Just saw this :)
And being a mod is great and all, and I'll help as much as possible, but that actually wasn't the reason I wasn't involved. It's more because I was out of town for an international debate thing, then preparing for the state swim meet this weekend, so I've been doing this on my phone for the past few weeks and can't make a character anyways. Once I get on a computer I can totally make a few and try to get people active!

message 21: by Jacob (new)

okay thnx

message 22: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Woot! Welcome App :)