NOS4A2 NOS4A2 discussion

Connections to "It"?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Marcy Spoilers if you haven't finished NOS4A2, and also if you don't know how King's "It," ends....

Does anyone else think (sorry if this has been asked before) that Hill's mentioning of the "Pennywise Circus," was some kind of hint that maybe It wasn't really dead at the end of "It," I mean, I've read both books many times, they're two of my favorites, I was just wondering what anyone else might be thinking....

Renato I think it was was more of a professional nod to his father's work. Both books are about characters that deal with something spooky as children, only to have to deal with it later as adults. (Interesting side note: King's Doctor Sleep makes a reference to NOS4A2 via a mentioning of Manx)

If anything, proof of It's survival can be found in King's 'Dreamcatcher'... ;)

Marcy I haven't read Dreamcatcher yet....saw the movie despite how silly it was....I know that in 11-22-63 the main character meets a young Bev and Ritchie (?) and it's after they've stopped the monster (my mom read it and told me about that part), but I only just started that one....

I just thought it could possibly have been a neat little hint - by referencing one of his father's most infamous books - that maybe there could be a sequel to It somewhere in the future....not sure if I want a sequel or not, but I know there are some people who would be interested in one....

Renato I totally forgot about Bev and Ritchie's wonderful cameo in that book!

The hint I was referencing was another part of the book, which I will not mention as you have only started it.

I know that people generally pooh-pooh Dreamcatcher but considering that King was recuperating from his near-fatal car accident at the time, I still say its a considerable piece of work. (Book is definetly waaaaay better than the movie )

Brooke Marcy wrote: "Spoilers if you haven't finished NOS4A2, and also if you don't know how King's "It," ends....

Does anyone else think (sorry if this has been asked before) that Hill's mentioning of the "Pennywise..."

He also refers to "The True Knot" from King's Doctor Sleep.

Marcy I have Dreamcatcher, but don't plan to get into it anytime soon....could I persuade you to explain the proof of It's survival that is mentioned in the book? My curiosity always gets the best of me.....