Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > so strange.....

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments I have a question...I think.
I just added a book that I got today to a list and when I went to the author page to do that I noticed that two others by that author that I read in the past two months were showing as never listed.
I went to the actual listing for each book and I saw my review and that it IS on the lists I put it on.
In the end, they are still listed and the review is still there but it gave me a real scare. Is this just some sort of technical problem? Has anyone else had this happen?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45034 comments Mod
Please provide a link.

message 3: by Greyweather (new)

Greyweather | 28 comments If you mean listopia lists, they seem to link to a specific edition of the book, rather than the title.

message 4: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments No, not listopia- these are just books that I've read that should have the 'edit my review' button instead of the 'add to my books' button. As I went looking I found that it's almost all of the various listings I looked at. Numerous authors, numerous different times that I added then, etc. A few show correctly but many don't.
rivka- I don't know that a link will help you because you'd have to be logged in under my name to see what I mean but here you go:
main page to an author- http://www.goodreads.com/search/searc...+

and a book I've read and reviewed- http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23...

I hope I'm being clear enough when I'm communicating what the problem is. In effect, it's not really a problem, the reviews are still there. I wanted to see if anyone else noticed or was having this happen also. I was scared my reviews/ratings were gone and that the books were off my lists which hasn't happened. I just can't see what I've listed and what I haven't unless I actually go into each listing. As opposed to looking at a search page of whatever kind.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45034 comments Mod
True. Although there is a way to combine them, if more than one edition of a book ends up on a list (and the duplication is not deliberate).

message 6: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments I checked that and there is only one listing for each- nothing that needs to be combined for any that I've seen. I can't figure it out at all. :(
I'm just happy I haven't lost the reviews!

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments I just posted about this problem in the bugs folder of the Feedback group:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 8: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments Yeah, I suppose I should have done that huh? LOL It never crossed my mind because nothing has happened like this to me before. Thanks for doing that Lisa. :)

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments Eva, If you're still having the problem (I am) you might want to post in the thread too. It's probably helpful to Goodreads to know if multiple members are experiencing this problem.

message 10: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments Thanks Lisa- I will. I've been having trouble with my computer and instead of getting on every hour or so it's once a day or so. :(
I'll go double check to see if it's still happening.