Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Zee Old Stuff! Archived > Changes Incoming to the Group 07/01/09

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Jun 29, 2009 01:59PM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
As you know there was one change that was made a while back to the group which was making the group private instead of public.
I felt that since we have bookmark exchanges that we would be better suited for a private group so that we would all be comfortable posting out addresses. This makes it easier for me to handle the exchange.

Now I am also adding another huge change to the group, some may like it some may hate it, but being that people are being stiffed out of bookmarks in the exchanges I feel this is a change long overdue.

This change will take effect July 1st, 2009:
In order to stay in this group you must be an active participant. What this means is that if you join and never post, you will be removed.
This will be monitored monthly, as I am not going to monitor daily posts.. that's just silly!

I know this sounds a bit harsh, but if you are not interested in the group and never post or participate then I don't see how you can miss it.

I hope this change will make this group better, as the people who are in it want to be here and have grown to like each other and deserve a group where there will be others to participate with. (whether it be exchanges or monthly reads)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds like a great plan Tricia :)

message 3: by AmandaG (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 73 comments No complaints here. Until I get kicked out. ;)

message 4: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

I don't see that happening Amanda!

It won't be as bad as some people might think. I am mainly going to be looking to see if people even post a few times a month.
It doesn't have to be every day. I know people visit other groups that might be more popular, that's not a problem :)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Whew! I'm safe, LOL jk but I definitely think it's only fair for those who don't participate to get booted. I have a group where there is over 100 members and only 20 people participate if even that. It's really sad . BTW I hijacked your statement for my group. Great job Tricia.

message 6: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 232 comments That's it, Tricia...crack that whip..LOL

I'm definitely around, so I guess I'm safe.

message 7: by Jessi (new)

Jessi  (jessim) Good idea Tricia. I have a question, do we have to read every group read to stay part of the group? Sometimes for various reasons I don't read them all, is that ok?

message 8: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Jun 30, 2009 07:19PM) (new)

Nope! You dont need to read any of them!

All I will be asking is for a few posts per month.

And when I say few I really just mean a few! Like 1-howevermany you want! lol.

Just to let me know you are still here. Ya know? I will start keeping track via a spreadsheet with post counts. Thats really all I can do for those people who I may not recognize their names.
We have ALOT of member that I am sure we will be losing next month.
But you know what, if that means I get to be closer to those of you who stick around I am all the more happier! :D

We have people who are more active and thats awesome, who read the books with us, but those monthly reads are strictly optional.

I hope to add monthly challenges (folder is already up actually) so that we might spice up the group a bit.
I think people like challenges :D

message 9: by Jessi (new)

Jessi  (jessim) I love challenges, they force me to venture out of my reading "comfort zone" and try new books/authors.

message 10: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

I will have to do it in a careful way because I dont want to take anything away from Yz's group hehe

message 11: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 232 comments LOL...I hear that..

If you like, I can help you come up with one that will fit the group.

message 12: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

That would be awesom yz :D

We dont need alot, just a few I think to spice up the group a bit!
And I have a suggestion area for members to post what sorta challenges they would like to see too.

message 13: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) Yz - you are the Challenge Czar!

HA - I found myself getting stressed to complete every challenge and starting WAY TOO many series in order to fit things in.

I'm way curious to see what the challenges are here. Just my 2 cents - I love the "Read the Oldest Book From Your To-Read list" or "Try a New Author You've been Meaning To Read" challenges more than some of the others that I could never find anything to fit.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I can understand the changes as I've organized exchanges before and those not following through can ruin it for others. I don't post often as I do not read much PNR/UF but I do love the bookmark exchanges. I'll have to make sure I post just enough to stick around! lol

message 15: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 232 comments I already have an idea. I'll post it on the challenge folder.

message 16: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Ya, and that's why I am only going to ask for a few posts a month. I think that's totally doable for everyone who actually still want to be here :D

I don't want people to feel like this group will have to be work to stay in it.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) I think what Tricia is getting at is that there are alot of members here who have never ever posted( I checked) within the group and she feels as though if your not going to post why be a member. I don't think she meant that you have to post all the time but atleast post something once in awhile. I feel her frustration because I just got rid of a lot of members in my group who never participated. I know she wasn't doing it to scare anyone into participating she just want to make it fair for those who do.

message 18: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Ya I dont want to scare any of you off who are already here and participating!

Heavens no!

Just I feel bad too that we had someone flake out on a bookmark exchange. And thats not acceptable to me.

But ya if you are here and at least post once a couple times a month then there is nothing to worry about :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

is there going to be another bookmark exchange? i would love to sign up :) ....

message 20: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Yes! :D I plan to get a sign up posted soon.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

nice :) ... i cant wait.. i will have to start thinking of some bookmarks :)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 168 comments Sounds like a fair and valid change to the group.