The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > newbie alert!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by haley (new)

haley (basketballlover) | 8 comments Hi everyone. I'm Haley, from MN and I just recently turned 14. I really love to read, ask any of my real life friends and teachers. I've even gotten in trouble for reading during class (oopsie). I'm looking forward to braodening what I read and I hope to make some new friends. So please send me a friend request too.

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10125 comments Mod
Hi Haley, thanks for joining.
Reading is a healthy habit! Keep it up!

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Ellis | 176 comments hi haley, great for you to love to read - keep it up your whole life and pass on the love of books to your kids. My mom passed on her love of reading to me.
many blessings :)
Sharon

Petra: all work & no play makes you poor.On hiatus (petra-x) Hi Haley, you will make lots of friends here.

message 5: by Edith (new)

Edith | 256 comments Hi Haley! I'm so glad that you've discovered a love of reading at an early age. So many teens don't enjoy reading these days. Keep it up and welcome to the group!

message 6: by haley (new)

haley (basketballlover) | 8 comments Usually we do "fill in the blank" notes in math and science and I usually look the answers up in the textbook right when I get them. So, when the teacher gives us the answers I just read.

message 7: by Dylan (new)

Dylan | 10 comments If you think you're bad, my friend reads a lunch. While I'm talking to her. XD But reading is more important than some dumb classes, right? Gotta learn somehow!

message 8: by Misty (new)

Misty | 15 comments When I was your age, I would read on the walk home from my best friend's house. She lived around the corner. I don;t know why I couldn't wait that minute and a half. So, this is a do as I say, not as I do moment: don't read while walking down a street that doesn't have sidewalks...

message 9: by haley (new)

haley (basketballlover) | 8 comments We're not allowed to bring books to lunch. It's stupid. They let us bring phones and i-pods though. Our school seems to promote ignorance and stupidity. I mean, the let seniors vote if they want 6 or 7 everyday. It's ridiculous. Now we have 6 hours and aren't allowed to take both Spanish and Band/Choir.

message 10: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi haley! Welcome, and you just keep reading (and I speak as a teacher).

I really loved Watership Down when I was your age (I'm just a little older now, LOL) and read just about anything I could get my hands on.