Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > Slackers...

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
Super sorry I've been slacking on the posting, friends.

I read every day with my coffee, and I've been monitoring the thread titles, etc, but no time to post!

Even now, my wrists and fingers are quasi sore. Went to the library and wrote for about 5 hours solid. Felt good.

Kind of feel like a writer geek like some people (ahem) geek out about how much they work out or rollerblade or whatever.

Speaking of the gym, I'm back on yoga every day. Why, oh, why do I ever fall out of such a delicious habit?

message 2: by Sally, la reina (new)

Yes! With bike rides in between!

Also good in my life lately: The CSA gave us a triple share of spinach last week. Hail damage sadness for them, creamed spinach heaven for me!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Bike rides, yay! Creamed spinach, all yours!

message 4: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jun 24, 2009 01:04AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments No apology necessary, m'am.

Wow...are you writing by hand, Sally?

I feel the same way about meditation. Why do I blow off something so good for me, that makes me feel so good?

I just fixed my bike yesterday. I'll probably ride this morning after my wife returns from Zumba...

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Yoga, writing, and spinach. That sounds lovely.

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Who could ask for more?

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

I take some notes by hand, but naw, most of my writing is just me unspooling thoughts from my mind to my fingertips, and then going back through, and back through, and back through to clarify.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Good writing is mostly re-writing. At least, it is for me.

message 9: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) I was told any writing can be edited and altered. You have to reach the point where you're comforted with what you have.

And I do not fear the red ink.

Sorry bout your soreness, Sally. Hope it improves!

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

All I do is edit and alter.

Then I take a break and wipe the counters or go pull weeds.

The best news is that I've replaced my office chair with a balance ball.

message 11: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) Don't you roll-fall off the ball when startled? Ever seen those Hulu Chairs? Near tempted cept I wonder if I'll get motion sickness.

message 12: by Sally, la reina (new)

Nobody startles me that much around here. it's just me and the cats and KRFC most of the time.

message 13: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 777 comments That's awesome Sally--I love writing marathons!