Dumbledore's Army discussion

Books > Goblet of Fire

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

hi ppls

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) I pointed out we don't have goblet of fire, anyway... I just finished the third book and have the Goblet of Fire.
Is this book good?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

kinda

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) Courtney wrote: "Katelyn wrote: "I pointed out we don't have goblet of fire, anyway... I just finished the third book and have the Goblet of Fire.
Is this book good?"

It is GREAT!! It is one of my favorites."

Hmm.. good reviews.

message 5: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

Swati  (readerforevergmailcom) | 2208 comments Mod
Yeah, it's really good. Not the best, but it's awesome. I liked how they introduced the dark mark in the movie.

message 6: by Pandy (new)

Pandy | 637 comments GoF is my favorite book after DH and OotP. I don't like the movie though.

message 7: by Tiffany , Is not active as of this current moment but is proud of you guys (new)

Tiffany  (tiffanyyy_wang) | 1972 comments Mod
There were too many things missing in ALL of the movies, actually!

message 8: by Pandy (last edited Jun 22, 2009 08:06AM) (new)

Pandy | 637 comments I agree. I don't want to rant about the fourth one (I kind of did that on the other topic). I don't like it because so many small things are changed everywhere that don't help the story and the pacing is bad, in that scenes like the Yule Ball and first task are drawn out so much, while there is next to no explanation at the end.

message 9: by Tiffany , Is not active as of this current moment but is proud of you guys (new)

Good job, Pandy.

message 10: by Pandy (new)

Pandy | 637 comments What did I do?

message 11: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

Pandy wrote: "I agree. I don't want to rant about the fourth one (I kind of did that on the other topic). I don't like it because so many small things are changed everywhere that don't help the story and the pac..."

That.

Yeah, lots of things about the Yule Ball was screwed up. Like, especially what the people wore. Like, Hermione.

message 12: by Pandy (new)

Pandy | 637 comments Yeah - Hermione and the Patil twins' clothes were wrong, but even that alone wouldn't make me dislike that part so much, since it doesn't really affect tha pacing, characterization, or plot. I didn't like the added comedy with Neville practicing dancing on his own or Madame Maxime eating something out of Hagrid's beard (That's what it looked like to me).

message 13: by Pandy (new)

Pandy | 637 comments So they could both be in the Gryffindor common room and say "Hi Harry" together - I hated that.

message 14: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

Pandy wrote: "So they could both be in the Gryffindor common room and say "Hi Harry" together - I hated that."

Ah, I didn't notice that. Yeah, "*giggle* Hi Harry. *giggle*"

message 15: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

..?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

mwahahaha! when i was in 3rd grade, a friend and i use to LUV acting out cedrics death scene...

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah... no surprise considering the way I turned out, lol

message 18: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

Depressed Vampire wrote: "yeah... no surprise considering the way I turned out, lol"

=D Depressed?!

message 19: by Tiffany , Is not active as of this current moment but is proud of you guys (new)

O.h

message 20: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

Priori Incantatem is called "the reverse-spell effect." It can occur when two wands which share the same source for their cores are forced to compete in combat. It can also be induced by analytical spells, like an extension of the Prior Incantato spell.

During a wand duel, a simultaneous spellcasting by both parties will trigger an effect where both wands are linked through a golden thread of energy. The 2 wand holders then compete in a battle of wills, in which the loser's wand is forced to display in ghostly form the spells which had been cast by said wand.

The effect is similar to the spell Prior Incantato, which causes the targeted wand to recall its last spells.

message 21: by Tiffany , Is not active as of this current moment but is proud of you guys (new)

I hardly understood that. Please, I don't know what spell Pandy cursed on you!

message 22: by Pandy (new)

Pandy | 637 comments I didn't curse anyone! That's from wikipedia, right?
It just explains Priori Incantatem, as in the time Harry's wand overpowers Voldemort's in the graveyard in GoF. The reverse spell effect occurs because they have brother wands. You understood it when Dumbledore explained it, didn't you?

message 23: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

Tiffany wrote: "I hardly understood that. Please, I don't know what spell Pandy cursed on you!"

*nods seriously* I'm afraid she did.

message 24: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

=D

message 25: by Tiffany , Is not active as of this current moment but is proud of you guys (new)

Wait. Why did Harry's wand win again?

message 26: by Pandy (new)

Pandy | 637 comments The brother wands compete in "a battle of wills." Harry's will overpowers Voldemort's - the book describes how he concentrates hard to force the bead of light to move and connect with Voldemort's wand.

message 27: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

Yeah..

message 28: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

This is also the first book with Fleur in it!!

message 29: by Tiffany , Is not active as of this current moment but is proud of you guys (new)

Yes..... Too bad she loses all the tasks....

message 30: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

=P Lol, and really badly too. Except we dunno aobut the 1st task.

message 31: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

Which one?

message 32: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

Or the treasure one?

message 33: by Swati , Is not active as of this current moment (new)

message 34: by Kyle (new)

Kyle (kkyle276) i just got finished reading this one. a book you don't want to put down.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

This is my fav book.

message 36: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (jedisakora) | 13 comments I'm re-reading this book again for my HP marathon and i'm already at the Yule Ball. My previous readings of the book has always made it seemed like there was more going on. Strange...

message 37: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (katrose321) | 39 comments <3 these books!!!

message 38: by Kate*~FlyingOnABroom~*, ~*Never*Knows*What*To*Write*Here*~...*sighs* (new)

Kate*~FlyingOnABroom~* (bookluver2000) | 1908 comments Mod
same here.