Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Two books appear incorrectly merged

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

These ISBNs, 1569756325 and 1569757119, are conflated as two editions of one book. They're not.

It would be very helpful if there were an easy way to alert librarians to errors, and perhaps there is but I haven't found it.

message 2: by Joy (new)

Joy (aughadan) | 25 comments Fixed it. As far as I know posting here is the best way to get a librarian's attention.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments Shoshanapnw, You posted in exactly the right place, right group and correct folder. Take a look at the folders here and they cover most problems with books that members notice, and if you post in this group multiple librarians will "fix" what they can and refer the really challenging ones to Goodreads, but most problems such as this can be fixed by librarians.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks, Lisa. I know how (and will take the time) to join the Librarians' group and post, but I'm guessing that's not an obvious strategy for more casual users. I don't think a user should have to find and join a group in order to alert someone to an error in a listing.

More broadly, Goodreads really needs a good FAQ and site map. There are functions I only know about because when friends reference them I poke around in the infrastructure.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments Shoshanapnw,

Well, there is the help link at the bottom of every page

http://www.goodreads.com/help

but I agree if many are confused about how to do and find things, more might be needed.