Between the Lines discussion

Foucault's Pendulum

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Silver (new)

Silver I am fast becoming an Umberto Eco fan, his writing fascinates me. I thought that the Name of the Rose was marvelous and now I have just finnished Foucault's Pendulum and it was even better then The Name of the Rose I thought.

It is a fascinating and brillaint book. Eco is a true mastermind, he challenges the reader and delves into deep truths of the human heart with his philosopical explorations.

Foucault's Pendulum is gripping from the very start, and very intense, though at times it might be a bit of a struggle to read, becasue of Eco's great wealth of knowledge, it is well wroth it. The story explores the world of conspricay and seceret soceities and the way people can become intangled in thier own deilusions to the point that the line between reality and illusion become completely blurred and perhaps no longer matter.

It is easy to get sucked into the "Plan" as the characters devle into the past to seek out connections to put together this great seceret. A book that is full of mystery that becomes a tangled web in which you cannot every truly escape from.

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) | 7 comments Cool! I've gotten sucked in to one too many fantisy Books to count, and I currently have a to-read list of about 190 books. I've also accepted the read 100 books in 2009 challenge and will have to read approxametly the same amount next year to keep up with all the good books out there. So, sooo, many books and such little time to read them.