Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

Favourite things > Most Favourite time of the year and why

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Adele (turtil) | 1767 comments Mod
Im asking yet another simple question....
I'm asking you about your favorite time of the year. Whether it be christmas , winter, summer or yes even your birthday.
Tell us about it.

message 2: by G.G. (last edited Dec 01, 2013 12:07PM) (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 41 comments Fall (and that does not include Thanksgiving). I love fall for its colors, its crispy air and the sound of dead leaves under my feet. If there is one thing about fall, it's that it doesn't last long enough. Else it's perfect. You can go and do stuff outside without sweating or without having to wear a heavy coat.

Also, the sun doesn't seem to shine the same way. I know the sun is the sun but it still appears differently in the sky in fall. Maybe it's because I know these are the last few days I will be able to enjoy a good book sitting on the swing.

I wished it were fall all year long!

message 3: by hugsandcookies (last edited Nov 30, 2013 12:47PM) (new)

hugsandcookies | 3 comments It will have to be Christmas.

What I love about it is cause yes my birthday is in December and its also Summer.

Here in New Zealand it's all about a Kiwi Christmas.

There is lots to do. But the highlights will have to be our Santa Parade which is the biggest Parade in Auckland.
. Then finishing off with our annual 'Christmas in the Park'

now that's the most fun night for all. It's like a free concert where we have our famous actors or celebrities singing christmas carols. It's so fun where you take your family and just enjoy 3 hours of singing and dancing.

So its not all about the presents but for me its about my twins, my family and getting together as one to celebrate, and we never forget the most important of all God.

So wishing everyone here on GR a very safe and Merry Christmas.

message 4: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Norma Mills | 653 comments Mod
Has to be Autumn... Around Halloween. It is still light, just a touch crisp, it is after the nasty heat of Summer but before the musty stink of wet leaves.. It just looks, smells, is amazing! And my Birthday is then too.... So... LOL! Yeah. End of Winter, around Valentine's day isn't too bad either... Not as frosty, but still nippy.

message 5: by Adele, Moderator (new)

I would say summer.... but im going through a 4 day heatwave right now. And I feel like im melting. I certainly have sweat enough to fill a small swimming pool! Well I think I have!
as it is a dry heat, it is just like an oven. So I would have to say winter is my favourite. I hate cold, but at least you can get warm. In summer it is harder to escape the heat. There is only so many clothes you can take off before you get arrested!

message 6: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Completely agree! You can wear layers.. you cannot take off skin

message 7: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 41 comments See! That's why Autumn and Spring are the best... no need for either. <3

message 8: by Adele, Moderator (new)

yes but I get bad year round hayfever.... so I cant enjoy it as much as id like.

message 9: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

G.G. wrote: "See! That's why Autumn and Spring are the best... no need for either. <3"

My problem is.. NE has Winter.. Winter... Summer... Winter. We rarely get a nice spring or fall day. It is one extreme to the other.

message 10: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 41 comments Ah you should move to central Ohio... here we have fall, winter, spring, winter, spring, winter, spring, then summmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmer and back to the mix flicking winter/spring. The Daffodils are already starting to come out. :P

message 11: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Michaels (akmicaels) | 16 comments Oh you should try Bonny Scotland - where I live we can have all four seasons - in a DAY! No kidding!

message 12: by Adele, Moderator (new)

ava you would be at home here in Australia. I live in Melbourne and we have a saying.... don't like the weather just wait 5 mins!
in summer it varies from nice summer day, to storms or stinking hot as mordor.
our weather is weird. so im guessing I would love Scotland except you have snow.... we dont.

message 13: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Michaels (akmicaels) | 16 comments Adele, yes we have snow - and rain - lots of it! We can have sun, rain, hail and snow - all on the one day. We've had some horrible weather lately with wind and storms - makes me want to go away somewhere nice and warm for a bit.

message 14: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 41 comments @Adele and A.K. Thanks guys! You're making me appreciate our weather more. :P

message 15: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Michaels (akmicaels) | 16 comments Oh u r lucky if you get good weather!

message 16: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 2 comments I love summer! I love the sunshine, I love sitting by the pool or on the beach with a good book. I love dusk at 9 PM. I just love all of it.

I'm also a big football fan, so football season is a high point for me, too.

message 17: by Adele, Moderator (new)

gg and ak..... just a reminder as I live in the southern hemisphere you are still yet to hear about my winter weather.
its always opposites with seasons here. so if you can afford to holiday in the southern hemisphere during your winter I suggest you do. as it is summer .

did that make sense ...I sure hope it did.

message 18: by Adele, Moderator (new)

kristen australian football and rugby season is just starting. we have it during winter months.
surprisingly we have a lot of people braving the chill and going to games.

message 19: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Michaels (akmicaels) | 16 comments Adele, If only I could I would lol.

message 20: by Adele, Moderator (new)

yeah im the same!

message 21: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Michaels (akmicaels) | 16 comments The rain has finally stopped here, but won't be for long going by the dark sky. It's so depressing, life always seems so much better when the sun is shining.