Something Blue (Darcy & Rachel, #2) Something Blue discussion

Something Blue

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynda (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:37AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynda O'malley You will not be able to put this book down. The story continues from Something Borrowed. Again, an easy read....you can't wait to see what happens to the characters. You can't wait to read more and you feel sad when the story is done. One can only hope Emily Giffin writes more novels. She has a unique style to her. In a way it is very conversational. The few people who I have recommended it to, have just loved it. If it were a movie, I'd say it were the pefect "chick flick"

Mandy I loved this book. I hated Darcy in Somehing Borrowed but Giffin redemed her in this one. I couldn't put this book down. I actually liked it more than Something Borrowed. i can't wait for BOTH movies to come out!!

message 3: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica This book I ABSOLUTELY enjoyed.I could not put it down. I can't wait for movie, Something Borrowed to come out. Darcy's character had more personality than Rachel. She was fully redeemed in this book. This is the ultimate Chick Lit.

Maria Aenlle I am looking forward to reading this book after all the contradictory comments and reviews here on Goodreads. I did not read Something Borrowed.

Jennifer Both were great books. Love them, have em on my shelf.

Maria Aenlle good to know

message 7: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen The first was way better in my opinion, but this one is still a good read. I also love Baby Proof.

Samantha Loved this book and Something Borrowed. Definately worth reading.

Kari I agree with Jen. The first was WAY better. The second was good, but not as engrossing for me as the first. Maria, if you like Something Blue, you will love something borrowed.

Maria Aenlle I will let you know what I think the minute I start reading it, hopefully this week. I also wanted to share a book that I read a few months ago that I absolutely loved. Its title is "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society".

Maria Aenlle Kari wrote: "I agree with Jen. The first was WAY better. The second was good, but not as engrossing for me as the first. Maria, if you like Something Blue, you will love something borrowed."

Maria Aenlle I finished reading Something Blue. At first I did not like it at all but kept on reading (it's hard for me to not finish a book I start) and got more involved in the story as I saw Darcy evolve into a more mature person. Emily Giffin made me want to see the end. It was light and entertaining reading.

message 13: by Kari (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kari The potato peel pie book I will have to look into. I'm glad you liked something blue. I was totally sucked in with the characters on the first chapter in Something borrowed. I think you will love it.

Maria Aenlle The potato peel pie book was written by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. It's a novel in the aftermath of WWII in England. Letters make up the novel and they reveal each character and their circumstances. It's a smart novel with humor and sadness. Amont the characters one is a writer and another a literary agent.

Stephanie Barber I loved Something Borrowed and Something Blue. When I read the first one we spent the evening at opur book club discussing the "Darcy" in our lives. I am a true believer that we have all had one. And reading the second book did shed Darcy in a better light. These books have made me want to continue reading Giffin's writing and I look forward to the release of her new books as they come out.

Michelle_bailey I loved both books. I feel that Darcy still had things handed to her for the most part. I feel she should have worked more actively at redeeming herself instead of changing when she became a mother.I enjoyed the dynamic between her and Ethan. I hope they make this one into a movie to. Id like to see the growth on the big screen.

message 17: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat At first, the only reason I wanted to read this was to see Darcy's POV as to the events at the end of Borrowed. Then, as I got more used to her "voice" I read to find out when someone would metaphorically slap her and make her realize that she was being a selfish b!tch, which Ethan finally did. But then, I fell in love with her courage and spirit. I ended up loving the book. Don't get me wrong, you could tell it was fiction - no one wakes up overnight with a change like that! But at least she tried, you know? You see so many people like that who just keep having things handed to them and don't want to change, but she did. So brava to her!

Karensa loved how giffin redeemed Darcy in this book. You get to see Darcy evolved from the girl in something borrowed to the woman she became in something blue.