Zombies! discussion

Reading Challenge, Anyone?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Netanella (new)

Netanella | 2107 comments Is anyone up to a monthly reading challenge for zombie books?

I've found I have so many books that I want to read, I often don't know which one to start first, particularly with all the free ones that are posted on this site. I'd love to challenge fellow zombie-book-lovers in something like this. We could create new monthly reading challenges each month, with extra kudos for picking indie authors and posting reviews on GR and Amazon.

Anyone up for it?

message 2: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresatheterrible) Netanella, I am DEFINITELY game for a challenge or two! I LOVE book challenges! ;-)

message 3: by Tammy K. (new)

Tammy K. (rambles_of_a_reader) Not in December, there is far too much going on for me this month... But after the holiday and the first week of Jan (I have two birthdays in my family in that week)
I am open to the idea of a monthly or weekly challenge.

message 4: by Tammy K. (new)

Tammy K. (rambles_of_a_reader) Can I make a suggestion?
One of the young adult groups genre groups that I belong to offer up multiple options for their monthly challenges through different words varying in length that is related to that month.
Like let's say its July
They would offer a five letter option like 'Party'
Six letter word like 'Picnic'
Seven letter word like 'Liberty'
Eight letter words like 'Barbecue'
Nine letter word like 'Fireworks'
Ten letter word like 'Patriotism'
Eleven letter word like 'Declaration'
And of course the big one
Twelve letter word 'Independence'
That way people can participate and a level which works best for them?
I got these word ideas off a word search puzzle book.
This is just a suggestion.

message 5: by Netanella (new)

Netanella | 2107 comments Love the suggestion! I started this easy-cheesy to see if there was any interest out there for a challenge read. If you zombie lovers out there are really into this, we can have as much fun with this as you want - and you can pick your challenge!

message 6: by Tammy K. (last edited Dec 29, 2013 12:24PM) (new)

Tammy K. (rambles_of_a_reader) I had a crazy idea last night for the month of February.
Since it is the shortest month of the year, I thought what if I tried to read one short story for each day of the month?
By short story I mean 50 pages or less.
I have ship loads of short stories, which in all likely hood will sit in my Amazon cloud hovering in an infinite loop until the end of time.
And I am always seeing new ones.

So unless I chicken out, I think that reading (and reviewing) 28 short stories will be my February challenge.

What say you? sound good?

message 7: by Netanella (new)

Netanella | 2107 comments I love the February idea of short stories - I think I will join you on that one! 28 short zombie stories for the 28 days in February.

You have your January zom books already picked out. I think I'll do a word game again, but this time spell out BRAINS. Gotta start easy and cheesy for the New Year, you know. We'll see what comes up.