New Adult Book Club discussion

Ursula Sinclair
This topic is about Ursula Sinclair
Archived- Promotional Q&A's > Q&A with Ursula Sinclair - CLOSED

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Smith Hey there! I was just wondering what your inspiration was behind making Maze an underground sword fighter? It's so dangerous and high stakes and I'd love to hear more about where the idea came from :-)

message 2: by LaVerne (new)

LaVerne (lavernethompson) | 16 comments Hi Victoria- Thanks for asking.
I've always been a fan of martial arts movies. One of my favorite fight scenes is with Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon. I also love the fight scenes in Matrix and Never Back Down. There are so many others I can be here all night listing them. lol. But the story actually started with the concept of a ballerina and who she should be paired with. I wanted someone different but then again not. It didn't take me long to realize he had to be a MMA fighter. But not the cage fighter kick boxer wrestler most people are familiar with. I wanted him to be more of a ninja or Shaolin type of fighter. And I love swords. So I made him more the kind of fighter that Bruce Lee was and crafted his character around that kind of fight or be killed world. ;-)

message 3: by Moon (last edited Nov 29, 2013 04:22PM) (new)

Moon  (chanpreet) | 59 comments Can you tell us anything about the next book wtih Maze and Ivy? Is this the only book that will feature them?

message 4: by LaVerne (last edited Nov 29, 2013 04:18PM) (new)

LaVerne (lavernethompson) | 16 comments Hi Chanpreet-
The Ballerina series so far consist of 3 books. Maze and Ivy are introduced in book 1 and their story will conclude in book 2. Maze- The Ballerina Series Book 2. And yes they will have a happily ever after. :-) The third book will be Dante's story and Maze and Ivy will make an appearance in that book.

message 5: by Moon (new)

Moon  (chanpreet) | 59 comments LaVerne wrote: "Hi Chanpreet-
The Ballerina series so far consist of 3 books. Maze and Ivy are introduced in book 1 and their story will conclude in book 2. Maze- The Ballerina Series Book 2. And yes they will hav..."

Yay! :)