The Mortal Instruments {Roleplay} discussion

The Institute > Rooftop

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) | 304 comments Mod

message 2: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Jaze sat on the far side of the rooftop, a notebook and pencil in her hands. She was practicing drawing runes, figuring that if she could draw them with a pencil, then she'd be able to draw them with a stele. While she enjoyed art, she wasn't very skilled at it.

message 3: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Vyeron was sitting in a chair in another area of the garden, taking a short nap. He hadn't slept in about three days, and once he sat down, he simply passed out. A short nap could soon become a long comatose stint.

message 4: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Messing up on one of the runes, Jaze muttered to herself and turned the pencil around. She went to erase the mistake, but put too much pressure on the drawing utensil. It broke in two with an audible, 'SNAP!' "Dang it," she muttered.

message 5: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Vyeron's eyes opened when an eraser hit him on the nose. He sat up, looking around angrily. "What the..." he started, grumpy. He was never going to get any sleep at this rate. Why was he so cursed as to have to deal with this?

message 6: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Jaze looked up when she heard someone, looking surprised. She hadn't seen or known that anyone else was out there. When she spotted a guy and saw the other half of her pencil near him, she pieced it together. Cringing, she said, "Sorry! My bad."

message 7: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((Loggin' off, man. Adios.))

message 8: by Drax (last edited Nov 29, 2013 06:56PM) (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Vy huffed and glared at her, but then laid back again to relax once more. He didn't feel like starting a fight over a pencil. Especially in his sleep-deprived state. He closed his eyes again, ignoring his angry nature.

message 9: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

After a moment of thinking, Jaze decided not to get the other half of her pencil. She could just get it later, when the guy wasn't there. Using the half she had, she started practicing her runes again, though she glanced at him every once in a while now that she knew she wasn't alone.

message 10: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Vyeron opened his eyes after awhile, feeling her eyes. "Why are you staring at me?" he asked, acting on his hunch. "I haven't done anything to attract your attention, after all," he added, shaking his head. He was, by nature, hostile.

message 11: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Jaze shrugged, saying, "Sorry." She tweaked one of her rune drawings before adding, "I just thought I was alone up here. I'll try not to look at you. But, before you close your eyes again, could you hand me the other half of my pencil, please?"

message 12: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Vyeron reached down, picking it up. "Why? It's broken," he said, tossing it to her. He didn't really understand. "Don't you have another?" he asked, yawning. Broken equipment was useless. It should just be thrown away, in his eyes.

message 13: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

"Not with me," Jaze answered, catching it in her hands. She picked up the other half and tried to fit them together, even though she couldn't fix it without tape. It was mostly to entertain herself, anyways. "As for why, because I can still it, even if it's broken. The other half doesn't have an eraser. This one does."

message 14: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) ((Missing a use there. :P))

"Whatever," Vy said, closing his eyes again. He didn't know why he'd even cared about something as mundane as a pencil, anyway. It's not like it was important in the slightest. It was a pencil, for the Angel's sake. It wasn't like it was his sword, which was propped up on the chair beside him, that had snapped.

message 15: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((Dang it! *headdesk*))

Jaze arched an eyebrow, but looked at his sword and decided not to comment. She knew better than to get a guy with a sword angry. Returning her attention to her paper, she flipped to a new page and tried drawing something else instead of runes.

message 16: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) ((I'm not exactly sure what to do here...))

message 17: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((You could make her be too noisy while drawing.))

message 18: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (last edited Dec 04, 2013 05:45PM) (new)

After a while, Jaze pressed her lips together and closed her notebook. She stood up and went to the edge of the roof, resting her arm on the railing, her book tucked under one arm and her pencil pieces in her hand. She'd been wanting to do something, but didn't know where to start, which was driving her nuts.

message 19: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) ((Sorry! I didn't mean to make you leave! I didn't see the comment! Come back...! T_T))

message 20: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((Alright, alright! I'll come back! It's okay, btw. I miss comments all the time, then the other person actually messages me to get my attention.))

message 21: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) ((Ah. Posting.))

Vyeron sat up, grabbing his sheathed sword and strapping it to his belt. He just wasn't tired now that the girl had hit him with a pencil. It had practically forced him awake, and he wasn't finding it easy to sleep again.

message 22: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((Ghosting, btw. I'll probably be ghosting most of the month, actually..))

Hearing him, Jaze looked over her shoulder at the guy. She was quiet for a moment before speaking, figuring she might as well. "I'm Jaze, by the way. And, again, I'm sorry for breaking my pencil and making it hit you. I promise that I wasn't specifically aiming at you."

message 23: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) ((Me too. Exams next week.))

"Vyeron," he replied, rolling his shoulder. "And it's fine. Not like I've gone five days without sleep or anything," he said sarcastically. But seriously, don't worry about it," he added, walking past her towards the stairs. He wasn't sure what to do.

message 24: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (last edited Dec 05, 2013 06:58AM) (new)

Jaze cringed slightly, then looked out at the city again. After a moment of thinking, she bit her lip and asked, "Do you know where I can find any information on Jessica Valdez?"

((That's her mom. I posted what I'm doing with her on Questions, Comments, and Other Stuff. :) ))

message 25: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "Try the library. Look through some records," Vyeron replied, shrugging. He wasn't exactly a walking encyclopedia.

message 26: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

After thinking about how likely and easy that would be, Jaze nodded to him. "Thanks," she told him.

message 27: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "No problem," Vy said, yawning again.

message 28: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Jaze managed a small, thankful smile. She adjusted her books in her arms, deciding that she actually probably would throw away her broken pencil. She walked towards the stairs, pausing when she reached the first step. Knowing that it was probably a bad idea, but also knowing that she'd end up looking through all of the wrong books, she hesitantly asked, "Do you think you can help me?"

message 29: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Vyeron winced. "I was going to go to bed..." he murmured, almost whining. He really didn't know if he'd even be able to read in his current state. He might mix up the words.

message 30: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Right. He's been resting in the chair before you hit him with your pencil, remember? Jaze chided herself. "Okay," she said, "but do you at least remember a title of a book, so I have a starting place? Please?"

message 31: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Vyeron thought for a moment. "I'll come help you as long as I can fall asleep as soon as I get through five pages," he said, looking down slightly to her eyes. She looked so desperate for information that he'd feel bad if he didn't help.

message 32: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

"Yes! Deal!" Jaze answered immediately, relieved. A grateful smile appeared on her face. "Thank so much, Vyeron."

message 33: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) "You're welcome," Vyeron murmured, nodding. He just hope he didn't fall asleep before they got there.

message 34: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Her grateful smile lasted a moment more before Jaze turned away, starting down the stairs. She didn't look behind her to see if he was following, though part of her was slightly worried that he wouldn't.

message 35: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Vyeron slowly tailed after her, following her almost like he would rather be asleep, which he would. Obviously, he wasn't too appreciative of the word 'awake.' In fact, he wasn't very appreciative of anything.

message 36: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((To the Library?))

message 37: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) ((Yep.))

message 38: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((Dang it, I have to add it. 1 min.))