The Mortal Instruments {Roleplay} discussion

The Institute > Entrance/Exit

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) | 304 comments Mod

message 2: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Darcelle stopped in front of the Institute, easily seeing the majestic structure for what it truly was. She peered up from beneath her sweatshirt hood through the rain, then hiked her duffel bag higher on her shoulder and pushed open the gate, making her way up the path and towards the stairs. She felt annoyed, and maybe a little hurt that her father had just stuck on a plane like that. And to make matters worse, her first sighting of New York City had been waterlogged and gloomy. Nothing like a thunderstorm to liven things up.

message 3: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) ((Gtg for 20ish minutes))

message 4: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

John was standing beside the large double doors, inside the Institute. He looked out the window at the rain, glaring at it like it was purposely trying to ruin his day. The Shadowhunter hadn't exactly woken up in the best mood that morning, and the bad weather wasn't helping very much.

message 5: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Andra wrote: "((Gtg for 20ish minutes))"

((Nooooo!))

message 6: by corina (last edited Dec 08, 2013 07:01PM) (new)

corina (molteneyes) Darcelle climbed the stairs, and paused once again before them, looking around. Ever watchful, just as her father had taught her. She frowned, realizing she was thinking about him again. She pulled open one of the giant doors and stepped inside, out of the rain.

((I'm back!))

message 7: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((YES!))

When the door opened, John was startled, but he recovered quickly. He hadn't seen her out the window; There was too much rain to see much of anything. He looked over at the girl, his expression turning guarded. "Who are you?"

message 8: by corina (last edited Dec 09, 2013 02:50PM) (new)

corina (molteneyes) Darcelle closed the door behind her, watching the guy in front of her between fringes of wet hair and pushed the hood off her head. "Darcelle Nightflame," she replied with an obviously French accent, not bothering to try to disguise her voice. Her words were sharp and guarded.

((:D))

message 9: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

John studied the newcomer, his expression not changing. Silently, he remembered a notice that the Institute had received, about a Shadowhunter being on their way to New York. "John Lightfleur," he told her finally, but his tone wasn't necessarily friendly.

message 10: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((Gtg. Byeee!))

message 11: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Darcelle gave a curt nod of acknowledgement, taking in a every detail of this John and the entrance hall to the Institute with a quick but thorough glance. She shifted the duffel bag strap across her shoulder, the weight not bothering her, but the strap had started to dig into her collarbone.

message 12: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) ((Awww, bye!))

message 13: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) ((I'm back :) ))

message 14: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

John watched her, his eyes sparking with curiosity, his facial expression remaining guarded. "I suppose you know about Shadowhunters already?" he told her, putting his hands in his pockets as he leaned on the wall next to the window. The girl, Darcelle, seemed like she knew about Shadowhunters. He could tell by the way she carried herself, how she walked, how she scanned her surroundings. Newbies didn't do that.

message 15: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) "Do you take me for an idiot?" Darcelle asked, her voice carrying disdain. She had been training her whole life under her father's strict counsel, but she didn't care enough to let him know that. He would find out soon enough if she stayed here any longer, while her mother tidied up legal matters.

message 16: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Raising an eyebrow, John answered, "I didn't actually say that, now did I? But my answer is no, if you must know." However, he was starting to find her unpleasant.

message 17: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Darcelle let out a breath, knowing she was acting like a chienne. "Is there anywhere I could sleep? I just spent eight hours on a plane and another five stuck in Paris on a... layover." She wasn't completely sure about the word.

message 18: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((Want me to make a topic for her bedroom?))

John nodded, pushing himself off of the wall and standing up straight. "We have over a hundred empty rooms. I'm sure we can find you one," he told her.

message 19: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) ((That'd be great, thanks :) ))

Darcelle nodded gratefully. "Merci." She pulled her bag higher on her shoulder, ready to follow him.

message 20: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) ((Gtg to dance, I'll be back later tonight))

message 21: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Starting to walk down one of the halls, John nodded. "Welcome to the Institute, by the way," he said over his shoulder.

message 22: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Darcelle nodded and gave a tight smile. She wondered if the surplus of empty rooms was because the Institute here was huge, or because there weren't many people. Unable to stop her curiosity from getting the best of her, she asked, "How long have you been here?" as she followed him.

message 23: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Deciding not be fully rude, or give her a straight answer, John glanced over at Darcelle, then looked ahead again. "A while," he told her, keeping his hands in his pockets as he walked.

message 24: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Darcelle looked back to John from the corner of her eyes. She picked up on his slight hesitation, and guessed he wasn't telling her everything. But she knew better than to pry, and so switched her duffel bag to her other shoulder and asked something else instead. "Where's the training room?"

message 25: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

John shrugged, as if to say 'Eh'. "It's close to the library," he answered, which probably wasn't very helpful, so he added, "Which is on a different side of the Institute."

message 26: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) How big was this Institute? In any case, Darcelle would find it tomorrow, after she got enough sleep to think straight again. "Bien."

message 27: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((Bein? Dude, I only speak English. XD ))

message 28: by corina (last edited Dec 11, 2013 06:56PM) (new)

corina (molteneyes) ((Sorry XD Bien = good, all right))

message 29: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

((Ahh, got it.))

John just nodded, which was actually him being polite. Usually he would've said, 'Whatever' and shrugged it off, but he was giving the newbie a chance.

message 30: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Darcelle wondered how many doors they would have to pass before they got wherever they were going. She was bone tired and in an awful mood.

message 31: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

After taking a turn, John stopped in front of a door. "This can be your room," he told Darcelle, opening the door and stepping inside. "Decorate it, sleep in it, live in it."

((Switch topics? :) ))

message 32: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) ((Yup, I'll go post there :) ))