What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Just to chat > Check out the novel mash-up thread in the Games group

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (last edited Nov 29, 2013 08:57AM) (new)

Stephen (havan) | 128 comments There's a game that I've been participating in in another group that I think you all might like.

It's called the Novel Mash-up Game. The rules are simple the poser takes two well-known novels that share a word in their titles. Then meld the two plots into a single thread and challenge all comers to deduce the combined title.

EXAMPLE 1
Clue (melded plot summary): The courtroom becomes a media circus when two famous lawyers take the case of Ratty, Mole, Badger and Toad.

Answer (Melded Title): (view spoiler)

EXAMPLE 2

Clue (melded plot summary): A despotic government recruits 24 young people to play a deadly survival game that will determine who rules the seven kingdoms. Tracker-jackers and Direwolves, and Dragons, Oh My!

Answer (Melded Title): (view spoiler)

We've a number of inventive players and are always looking for more and it's certainly more fun for avid readers than most of the games threads in GoodReads.

Here's a link to the thread.
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Many of the older puzzles have been fitted with spoiler tags so that newcomers can try a few before joining the fray. Hope to see you there!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Ok, I loved that Stephen. Very amusing.

Here's one for you....

Simon pulled his dart gun and began shooting over the wall. The Kolder had changed their modus operandi. Their new allies were rotting corpses that never seemed to slow down. . .

message 3: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (notemily) | 478 comments Witch World War Z?