The Mortal Instruments {Roleplay} discussion

Welcome to the Group! > Questions, Comments, and Other Stuff

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) | 304 comments Mod
Like the title says, this topic is for your questions, comments on the group, and ect.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ If there were more people involved, I would suggest a collaboration on an overall plot, but not many people are active just yet...

message 3: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Yes! I like big plots! XD But yeah, there aren't may people. If you invite your friends it would help. :)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments I fee like adding a character of my own but I don't have all the details yet.

As for you, what do you have in mind? It's always good when there's an underlying conflict that needs proving.

message 5: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

I suggest a small war of some kind, possibly with the fey?

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments The fey... They wish to claim back what belongs to them as its associated to their mistreatment. They have forever had power of the Earth but the intoxication to chemicals and the mundane's obsession with swiping their dirt underneath the carpet is filling the fey with fury and helplessness. As ones who are constantly helpless to truth, their destruction in this sense chills their cold blood.

It would be complicated but I also think I know what the conclusion to this plot would be, just by looking at it.

message 7: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

And I'm staring at your post thinking, 'Dang, they're an advanced Roleplayer. That came up with that in five minutes? Dude, it takes me forever to come up with plots.

Anyway, what would the conclusion be?

message 8: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Dec 01, 2013 02:11PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments ((Thanks but advanced isn't usually a word used to describe me. Advanced would be making everything interesting and being able to write extended posts about things that I'd summarize in ten lines and never look back on. Like in teen roleplays, those are impossible for me to make interesting. What's highschool RP's without swords and competition?))

What would the conclusion be?: Science, my dear Watson, science.

See, I've been thinking. Demons come from different dimensions so why does nobody in the invisible/shadow world ever decided to side with mundane art of explaining everything through string theory and uncanny majors in astrology and solar flairs.
Warlocks have tried to clog up dimensions but their powers are purely emotional. Valentine has tested, mixing DNA but I doubt his papers are accurate since his methods are so medieval and Nazi Germany-esk that what's the point of looking at them? The temperature at which a person's skin melts is less important than the fact that since the beginning of Earth, murderous creatures with half-bodies of slime slickly slaughter samples of seers.

So anyway, we need to start setting a team of shadow world scientists indoctrinated in physics and the works to begin fixing a diary of the accurate treading of dimension holes to see if there's any patterns and what dimensions really consist of.

The fairies would probably loose the war, either they get slaughtered and that would make me unbearably sad, or they start dealing with their problems by scouting scientific outposts to take notes of what kind of power the mundanes have over the earth and slowly twist the balance again. The question is, will the faeries be able to let go of their medieval, prideful ways to take a step in the future and think for an instant, or will they slowly dwindle down in numbers as the earth sucks in the chemical drugs and mundane carelessness.
It's their planet too.

((On a side note, I think Magnus' part would be that later, at the end of the war, he'd be able to find them scientist to tie knots with. This isn't cannon but I've always thought that Magnus would have, at some point, completed his seven years of medical school so he can get with the times and be able to point out the femoral artery when someone's bleeding from it.))

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Wow. Sounds... elaborate.

message 10: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

O.O

You came up with that so fast.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Admit it, we've only ever thought of demons and angels through biblical or fictional terms. Once we start throwing in the word 'dimension' into the mix, than there's a plot. It's no longer about magic, it's not uncontrollable because than the force would become purely chaotic and fall apart instantly. Structure needs to be there.

I wrote this once, without much thought. It wasn't a part of a story or anything, just adding a book to the shelf of a shadowhunter:

Primordial chemistry, the gleam of a comet's coma, the challenge which gravity explained. No matter how thick the science book, how right it was about the bipolar tendencies of space and time (much like Newton was, a bipolar of manic study and suicidal downs) Alec could never find a single manuscript of science which could explain what he'd witnessed on his home planet. Cocktails of chemicals couldn't predict magic.

Alec often would slam his book shut with bestial ferocity. Comets may have carried molecules necessary for life but it didn't explain the reservoir which created demons. If only mundanes could see them, if only they could team up and use this science to explain how warlocks could close the dimensional tunnels.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Question, did you base this on Shadowhunters? If so, what do you mean "home planet"(if that was supposed to be something key... if it wasn't all that important, ignore this question, I suppose)?

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Izzy99 ~ Aka, Izzy Valdez Lightfleur wrote: "O.O

You came up with that so fast."

I ... sorta did, didn't I?

message 14: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Dec 01, 2013 02:28PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments ₪The Lion Hearted Girl ₪ wrote: "Question, did you base this on Shadowhunters? If so, what do you mean "home planet"(if that was supposed to be something key... if it wasn't all that important, ignore this question, I suppose)?"

Oh, that was because I was thinking of another story (a giant crossover) where all the characters were stuck in another world so they could be tested to see if other planets and parallel universes could work together in peace if ever humans were to meet extraterrestrial life. At least, that's my thoughts on it.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Ah, I see. Never mind, then? Though something with different dimensions could be interesting.

message 16: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Dec 01, 2013 02:31PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments It was basically a crossover between everything imaginable from X-Men to anime.
I had to invent a reason for their coming together under one roof because I hate when things don't make sense. Like why a Twilight vampire would ever find itself in the Mortal Instruments world without the Conclave knowing.

I think I'm turning this a bit too much into an Artemis Fowl, no fairy pun intended.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ I've never read those books, so I'll just agree with you o.o

message 18: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

I love Artemis Fowl!

Sorry, that was off topic.

message 19: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Dec 01, 2013 02:44PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments You've never read... O.O They are delicious.
Great stuff. The first book is a little difficult to get a grasp of when you're young but afterwards everything is easy to understand. Jam packed with twisted humour like 'At least he got some time out doors, and got to meet new people. It's a pity most of them were trying to kill him'.

Artemis Fowl is a twelve year old, Irish criminal mastermind who's first venture out of playing with the stock market was to steal the gold of the fairy people. Most people don't believe that fairies exist but he's convinced that they do and when he finds them he plans take their gold... but not from the end of the rainbow like in folk stories. No, his plot is more elaborate (the word you used). Once he finds a fairy, he plans to kidnap them, set his house as a fortress and demand a ransom fund.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ I never knew 12 year olds could plot like that.

message 21: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Dec 01, 2013 02:46PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments You haven't met dear Artemis Fowl. He's young enough to believe in fairies and adult enough to know how to exploit them. And he grows a year through every book.

The fairies are much more intelligent than humans, much more technologically advanced but Artemis, unfortunately, is better...

message 22: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Ikr? He's AWESOME.

message 23: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Just invited 603 people. Hopefully, some of them will join and be active, so we can get a plot going. :)

message 24: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Dec 01, 2013 02:52PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments The main fairy (elf, I might say) is a auburn haired girl from the police unit. She's more badass than Isabelle Lightwood. Her job is constantly being downgraded due to the fact that she's a woman and fairies are sexist but she has more wits about her than most of the spineless sprites that got in to the police force because of their daddies and mommies. She's not the kind of person to take crap from a twelve year old genius who thinks he can override the whole fairy world because he's simply 'gifted' and knows their rules.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Izzy99 ~ Aka, Izzy Valdez Lightfleur wrote: "Just invited 603 people. Hopefully, some of them will join and be active, so we can get a plot going. :)"

Yeah! I'll work on making a fairy.
The problem isn't the main plot but how it's going to déroule convincingly. There needs to be events.

message 26: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

I'm pretty sure a bunch of Shadowhunters and mundanes could piss of the fey fairly easily. :P

I'll pester as many people as I can into joining.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments We'll need to start making ranks of fairies or the alternative is making no fairies, using only the shadowhutner point of view and making stubble hints at the wreckage or aftermath of what the fairies have done, eventually we'll add fairies.

It depends on who's point of view you hold most dear.

message 28: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

I'll make a fairy and see what else I can do. We should probably have a good amount of both.

message 29: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Dec 01, 2013 03:06PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments It's just the vagueness of the fairy world that bothers me but I'll probably join in. ^-^ So go ahead, make your first Downworlder, fill this space with truth bound immortals. It will be especially difficult to write for them when they cannot ever lie.

I think my character is going to have to be a boy but that's because there's an overpopulation of female characters in this group and Magnus is sort of included in that...

message 30: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

I agree about the gender ratio. I'll probably be making a boy mundane and vamp soon. As for fairy, shall I make it a guy too? Need ya help, BBAM.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments I'll make my character a ... something. It'll probably be based off how you make your character to make sure that it doesn't look remotely alike but molds to your story.

How may I help you?

message 32: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

What gender should the fairy be? It's stupid question, but seriously.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments What gender do you think it would be? Look at the species of fairies (because it's such a general term) and pick something you'd think would be cool and roll with it.

message 34: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Okie-doke.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Yup, meanwhile we'll see how this group turns out.

message 36: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Hopefully, it'll turn out active.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Active isn't important to me. It's all about keeping enough tension and story line to keep my thoughts from wandering to other plots I could be working on.

Alright, now to work.

message 38: by Sofia (new)

Sofia I can create a fairy character, if you want.
Also, does this group set a limit on how many characters one person can create?

message 39: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Nope. Have as many characters as you like.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments I'd love if you created a fairy! I'm such a Downworlder fan its insane. I hope we see a whole network so the Shadowhunters never get bored of being looked at the wrong way and vice versa.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Also, I specifically claimed Magnus to start some RP's. His apartment is a good place to go to if you have a problem (even if he's not feeling inclined to help) and he tends to know more about what's going on then the culprits do just out of sheer intuition and years in the circuit of things.

In the other group, people just came and rang his doorbell when something wrong was going on in the shadow world. Sometimes he would visit the doorstep of the institute.

Magnus is hopefully only a last resort but I like having him around.

message 42: by roshay (last edited Dec 04, 2013 01:24AM) (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) Hey Iz, can you make a The Infernal Devices topic for us to go crazy on??

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments ~Shrishti~ wrote: "Hey Iz, can you make a The Infernal Devices topic for us to go crazy??"

message 44: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

~Shrishti~ wrote: "Hey Iz, can you make a The Infernal Devices topic for us to go crazy??"

Sure thing!

message 45: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (last edited Dec 04, 2013 07:58AM) (new)

Alright, I've got two comments, one holding a question.

COMMENT ONE: By the Angel, we need to even out the boy/girl ratio. *headdesk*

COMMENT TWO: I came up with this a few days ago. It's about my character Jaze. She wants to find out more about her mother and pretty much goes on a scavenger hunt to find the information. (view spoiler) Whatcha think?

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Brilliant, begin and hunt, people are more easily magnetic to places already frequented.

message 47: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

Whoo! :D

Blood Bone and Muscle | 353 comments Whoo, indeed.

message 49: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) 1> I'm making a male character...
2> What kind of a hunt?

message 50: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Moderator of Awesomeness (new)

A hunt for information. The only thing she knows about her mom is that she was exiled, and that was what a demon told her, so yeah..

« previous 1