Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Girl Afraid
This topic is about Girl Afraid
Questions > New edition of my book, not added by me.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ciarán (last edited Nov 29, 2013 05:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ciarán West (cwestwrites) | 8 comments Hello, nice people. Just a quickie. I looked down at my list of books (as in, ones I've written/am writing) and found a new version of my last novel.

edit: forgot the link! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

It's got the 'a novel' suffix, the person who entered it hasn't checked that the book already exists, and they've put unnecessary html in the description.

It's completely surplus to requirements, considering the original book already has two editions (not my choice, but thems the rules), and this version has no ratings or links to reviews.

I'd just like to get rid of it, to be honest. I don't particularly like having two editions already (when one isn't listed on Listopia, and the other is), but I understand that that's down to me, for the slight change in cover.

This, however, wasn't added by me at all, and I think it's unnecessary and counter-productive. I'm sure this has happened lots of times to other authors, so hopefully one of you guys will know what to do.

Thank you very much for reading this.

CW

message 2: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10805 comments That edition was not added by a person, but created by an automatic import. I merged it into the right edition.

Listopia lists are linked to specific editions, not to the whole work/all editions.

Ciarán West (cwestwrites) | 8 comments Thanks, Renske!