Shadowhunters RP discussion

New York Institute > Kitchen

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments The place where the food is cooked (And where Isabelle makes the pasta that no one eats :D)

message 2: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) Isabelle felt guilty, the guilt so heavy she had to shuffle her way into the kitchen. She didn't know what made her come here but it was a good idea, whoever made it. She sighed as she moved towards the kitchen counter, gathering the equipment she needed for making spaghetti. Soon, she dumped all the necessary objects next to the stove and started on with her work, trying to do what she watched her mother do. She felt useless in the kitchen, for she had no lessons from her mother on how to cook.

message 3: by Mr.Coffee (new)

Mr.Coffee He had a craving. He needed something to munch and he needed it now - his stomach was feeling moody and selfishly provoked him to drop his studies. Therefore, Alec could not concentrate on the book he was reading. There was no chance to actually finish it today if he didn't take care of his needs, so he slowly crept towards the Institute's kitchen. What he didn't expect was to find it occupied by his sister, so for a minute or two he just stood dumbfounded.
"Izzy?" he muttered. "What are you doing here?"
She didn't look in her top mood so he felt himself a little worried. It was mostly due to the fear of what meant Izzy's presence in this part of the Institute. Her cooking was something out of a horror movie and that somehow made him lose a portion of his appetite.

message 4: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) Is this supposed to turn green? Isabelle thought to herself, watching the sauce turn horribly green instead of the color ketchup was supposed to be. She was about to just give up with cooking and find something else worthy of her effort to take her mind of her heavy heart when "Izzy? What are you doing here?" came in her brother's voice to her ears. She jumped and dropped the plate of sauce she was holding. It fell to her feet in a clatter, the sauce splattered itself over the floor and onto her designer, high boots. She gaped at her brother, who was standing at the door of the kitchen and tried to hide the guilt splashed all over her face. She failed terribly. "Cooking?" Isabelle said in a high-pitched voice that was never hers. She only used it out of shock or fright.

message 5: by Mr.Coffee (last edited Nov 29, 2013 05:42AM) (new)

Mr.Coffee "Angel!" Alec exclaimed. His eyes took in the mess on the floor and the picture hit him as something unnatural. His little sister was not one easy to be startled so something surely was wrong.
Instinctively he crouched on the ground and picked the few more dangerous looking shards of glass. They were gently placed on the table and the boy looked around for something to mop the mess with. He tried very hard not to concentrate on its color and smell. Alec was not permitted to tell Izzy he was a complete failure in cuisine, he didn't have the heart to do so. It was better to ignore it all and discuss the more obvious problem.
"You don't look so good." his voice was gentle, caring. "Is everything alright?"

message 6: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) "Nothing," Isabelle said. Too quickly, as if she was expecting the question. Which she was, but not really supposed to be that prepared for. She tried to cover it up by helping her elder brother to clear up the mess with a wet rag usually hung over the tap at the sink. She avoided eye contact, and although it was unnatural for her to do so, the guilt was so pressuring she couldn't help but bite her lip and try not to look at Alec. You are so screwed, Isabelle, she yelled at herself mentally, her hands trembling slightly.

It was too clear that she was hiding something.

message 7: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments _____ new subject_____

message 8: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Miranda let put a sigh of relief, Sierra looked as if she could manage the kitchen, and right now, her stomach would be happy with whatever food it got. "You'd be surprised how easy it is to start a flame with Cheerios." She laughed.

message 9: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Yeah. If the milk suddenley catches fire." Sierra said sarcastically, getting the ingredients for pancakes ready. It was the thing she usually made for breakfast and she was good at making it. She started mixing the batter.

message 10: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Miranda watched Sierra prepare the pancakes in fascination. In her old home, she never really bothered to go inside the kitchen to find out how the cook made all the food. She realized that she took for granted the fact that food was always on the table with little or no work done on her part.
Watching Sierra make it now, she saw, once again, the confident manor Sierra used on practically everything. Including pancakes.
"Did you have any cooks where you used to live?" She asked, starting to feel very self conscious about the fact that she had grown up with a cook.

message 11: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "No." Sierra said. "My mom used to cook and when she was busy, I used to. That's why I know how." she finished mixing up the batter and put on the stove, taking a pan and placing it on top of it. "It's not that difficult." she said turning towards Miranda, "It just takes practice." she flipped over the first pancake. "See?"

message 12: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments "Well of course, anyone can become good at anything with practice...Except with me and cooking. That is one pair that will never work out." Miranda remarked. She was trying to crack feeble jokes to hide her embarrassment.

message 13: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "I thought the pair that wouldn't work out was you and runed blades." Sierra remarked. "That was a pretty unlikely pair." she flipped the pancake on to a plate. "Here. You can put anything you like on it. Tastes good anyway." she started making another one.

message 14: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments She decided to ignore Sierra's remark about her and the runes blades. Holding the plate with pancake on it, Miranda made her way over to the fridge. Balancing the plate on one hand, she opened the refrigerator with the other. "There isn't any syrup!" She complained, looking around. "You know what? I don't care. I'm hungry." Abandoning the search for syrup, Miranda set the plate down on the counter and began to eat there, watching Sierra make more pancakes.

((I think we might need to bring in Alec and Isabelle to make this RP advance.... Thoughts?))

message 15: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "How many do you want?" Sierra asked expertly flipping out two more pancakes. "There should be syrup." she said. "I'll check when I'm done."

((Okay. We'll take one character each. I guess both of them are free. You can choose))

message 16: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Ok, thanks! I'll take Alec. :D. By the way, if the original Alec and Isabelle come back, do we give the characters back? I'm ok with that but I just wanted to check. (: ))

Miranda was about to respond when she heard footsteps behind her, causing her to turn around and drop her pancakes on the floor,
In front of her stood an attractive male, with jet black hair and piercing blue eyes.
He rubbed his eyes tiredly, clearly still not aware of the fact that two girls he had never seen before in his life were standing in his kitchen. "Isabelle," He yawned, "Your food smells decent."
Suddenly his eyes widened in surprise. "Y-You aren't Isabelle," He sputtered.

message 17: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((...?))

message 18: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Sorry. I'm travelling and I guess the original Alec and Isabelle have left))

"Yeah. I'm not." Sierra said looking with surprise at the newcomer. "You must be Alec." she remembered what Isabelle had told her about Alec and wondered if he could really be the one. "I wasn't sure what we were eating for breakfast." she said. "So I made the pancakes. Is there a problem?"

message 19: by Genevieve (last edited Jan 01, 2014 08:26PM) (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Oh ok. :D))

He looked slightly startled, "Y-yes. There seem to be two females standing in the kitchen," He glanced apprehensively at Sierra. "Making pancakes. One might consider that a problem." He was fidgeting nervously, which was understandable due to the fact two strangers were in his kitchen.
Miranda , snapping out of her shock, scrambled to pick up the pancakes she had dropped, and whispered to Sierra, "Why didn't you tell me there was a guy here?"

message 20: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Sort of slipped my mind." Sierra said still looking at Alec. "I didn't actually meet him till now." To Alec she said. "So why can't two people make pancakes? It's no big deal." she took out another pancake "Want one? I guess they're good." Isabelle appeared at the entrance of the kitchen at that moment, her hair perfect even though sshe'd just woken up from her sleep and wearing a short silver dress. "WHAT is going on here?" she demanded loudly.

message 21: by Genevieve (last edited Jan 01, 2014 11:06PM) (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Alec turned to her and shot her a look of confusion. "I was going to ask you the same thing," He said, looking completely lost. His jet black hair was a mess and he had the expression of a lost puppy plastered onto his face. Though even with his gentle expression, he still looked fierce.

Miranda, still utterly confused, looked from the "Alec" guy to the newcomer. She held up her hands, "Okay, what is going on here." She turned to the girl that had just entered. "Please, do tell,” She snapped.
She instantly regretted using such a harsh tone, because the girl that had just entered looked extremely powerful. She had the same intense glare on her face that Sierra had given Miranda the day before. Her long black hair looked flawless, and her silver dress appeared as though it were made for her.
“Though it probably was,” She thought to herself, “Seeing how expensive everything else looks in this Institute.”

message 22: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((...?...))

message 23: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Sorry...still travelling. Don't know when I'll get internet))

Isabelle directed her glare more towards Sierra. Miranda looked peacable enough. "What do you think you're doing here?" she demanded giving her a hard glare. "Making pancakes." Sierra said coolly. "I belong to the institute now. "No you don't." Isabelle snapped. "I'm the only one except for my mother who uses it. Get out." "No." Siera said giving her a cool glamce. "I'm staying right here. I'm not doing anything wrong."

message 24: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Turning to Alec, Miranda asked, "Do you have any idea what's going on right now?"

Shrugging, Alec replied simply, "I have about the same amount of information as you do." He shrugged his shoulders to show that he didn't know much about what was going on. "How about this," He said, turning back to Isabelle. "We all just say who we are, and for some people." He shot Sierra and Miranda a glance, "Why we are trespassing."

message 25: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "I'm Sierra." Sierra said "And..." she shot a glance at Isabelle. "She met me yesterday. I'm not trespassing." Isabelle shook her head. "Really Alec? I'm your sister. You should know that by now." she glared at Sierra again and glanced at Miranda. "I don't remember seeing her though."

message 26: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Alec looked shocked. "Obviously I didn't mean for you to have to introduce yourself to me. But for her," He said, jerking a finger in Miranda's direction.
Miranda cleared her throat, "'Her' has a name. And it's Miranda, thank you very much." This was all very confusing but from the events going on around her, Miranda knew a couple of things. 1. The boy's name was Alec. 2. The girl was his sister, and her name was Isabelle. 3. Isabelle looked annoyingly gorgeous.

((I verified my email if the MOD position is still available to me. Thanks! ))

message 27: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Yeah! I added you.))

message 28: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Yay! Thanks! :D ))

message 29: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Isabelle just shrugged. "You did say everybody." she said " I thought I was included." "Youvwould obviously think that you were included." Sierra drawled "Seeing how vain you are." She looked at Alec. "Isabelke talks quite a lot about you." At those words, Isabelle suddenley stiffened, throwing a quick glance towards her brother.

message 30: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Dumbfounded, Alec turned to Sierra. "S-she does?" He stammered. Then, as though realizing his voice had come out very childish, he straightened up and repeated, in a stronger tone, "She does?"

message 31: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Miranda chose to remain silent. This was obviously a family matter between the two, and it would be completely stupid of her to interrupt them. Yet, something put her off about Alec's reaction. Siblings were supposed to care for each other, give each other enough love to support them in their hardest times. If she could still see her brother, she would never leave his side. It seemed sad that Alec was so shocked at Isabelle's words of affection, especially since they weren't even directly said to him.

message 32: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Actually yes." Sierra said. "She seems to like to defend you." she smirked a little. "That's how I knew you when I saw you there." Isabelle looked at her to see if she would say anything more and when she didn't, Isabelle heaved a quiet sigh of relief. She hadn't meant for it to slip out earlier that Alec was gay and she was glad that Sierra had either forgotten by now or chose not to mention it.

message 33: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments "Well I had no idea who you were until you barged into the kitchen, questioning the pancakes," Miranda shrugged, slightly shocked at her own blatant remark.
Alec scoffed, "You'd be apprehensive too if you saw two strangers making pancakes in your kitchen."

message 34: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Actually, I was the only one making the pancakes." Sierra said. "She's just watching." "And do you have anything to do with the brokentable in the weapon's room?" Isabelle asked, her eyes glittering as Sierra's widened just a little bit. "I know." Isabelle smirked. "I saw it."

message 35: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Shifting uncomfortably, Miranda volunteered,"Actually, I'm to blame for that. I'm really sorry, though! I promise I'll pay for the damage." She tried to reach into her back pocket to take out her wallet, then realized she had left it in her room. She shot them a sheepish grin, "But that'll have to be after breakfast."
Holding up his hand Alec said, "Wait, so let me get this clear. You both somehow got into the Institute, broke our furniture, then made pancakes?"

message 36: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "No!" Sierra said shaking her head exasperatedly. "She let me in." she gestured towards Isabelle "And I let her in." she gestured towards Miranda. "So we're not trespassing and....I made the pancakes because I was hungry. okay?" she looked at Isabelle. "The table was a mistake." she said. "You can just let it go."

message 37: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Alec blew a puff of air out of his mouth to illustrate his frustration, but remained otherwise silent.
"Uhm," Miranda began, looking around the room nervously. "Since, uhh, Alec was it?" She looked to him for confirmation, and he responded by nodding slightly. "And Isabelle," She continued. "Both don't know who I am, I have a feeling I should formally introduce myself." She could almost feel the "Ya think?" Look she was getting from Isabelle.
"Anyways, my name is Miranda Carstairs. I lived in Canada all my life up until a couple of days ago! My parents are in London now, and I'm here. I was supposed to check in with Isabelle, but met her instead." She pointed to Sierra. "I wound up getting attacked by a demon, breaking your table, and eating pancakes in less than the day and a half I've been here. That about sums it up."

message 38: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "I just wanted to know who you were." Isabelle said raising her eyebrows slightly at Miranda's speech. "I didn't want your history ir anything." she shook her head, loooking at Alec. "Now that that's done." Sierra said. "Shouldn't we eat breakfast now? I've made a lot of pancakes." she looked at Isabelle and Alec. "Or are we still just trespassers?" "Just trespasssers." Isabelle said. "I usually make the food round here."

message 39: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Alec would never tell Isabelle this, but her cooking made him slightly nauseous. In fact, her cooking made everyone a little nauseous, and the pancakes did smell remarkably good.
"The pancakes are already made Isabelle. How about we just eat these and you can cook dinner?" He looked at his sister, anxiously waiting to see her reaction.
"They're really are tasty, you should try done!" Miranda volunteered in a feeble attempt to be helpful:

message 40: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments Isabelle glared at Alec but finally relented. "Ok." she said. "Let's try your pancskes then." she sat down on the table, crossing her arms, looking like a badly behaved teenager. Sierra brought some pancakes over for her. "Don't look like it's something bad." she said. "I know it's better than what you cook most of the time.

message 41: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Alec sat down next to Isabelle, ignoring her looks of disdain. She was usually cranky in the morning, but he expected that she'd be less crabby as the day wore on.
Miranda sat across the table from the siblings. She didn't have any pancakes with her, she had already eaten, yet was still hungry. Her abnormal amount of hunger was probably due to the events that had occurred the previous night. Standing up from the seat she had only just taken, she said, "I'm going to make some fruit salad. Would you like any?"

message 42: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Okay." Isabelle scowled and sat down at the table. "You can cook for once." she looked at Sierra and completely ignored Miranda. "Thank you." Sierra said with a smirk. "I'm sure it will be an eeryday occurrence after you taste my pancakes." she smiled sweetly at Isabelle who just rolled her eyes She was hungry too. "I guess I'd like some." Sierra said to Miranda as she went back to dishing out pancakes.

message 43: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments "Wow. The enthusiasm is maddening." She deadpanned. Turning on her heels she strode out of the room, leaving Sierra, Alec and Isabelle behind.
"We'll that was slightly dramatic." Alec commented while taking a pancake from Sierra. "Is she always like that?"

message 44: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Usually she's pretty flustered." Sierra smiled a little. "And nervous. She'll be back." "I don't see how you can just take over like this." Isabelke scowled down at the pancakes on her plate. "This is not YOUR institute." Sierra rolled hereyes. "Well, it's not uours either." she said.

message 45: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Alec shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He hated when there was a fight going on in front of him. Trying to find a distraction, he said,"Look! The fruit salad's here."
Thus was actually true. Miranda had just entered the room with a large bowl of fruit salad in her hand and a scowl still on her face.

message 46: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "Great." Sierra said glad of an excuse to sit down. She sat opposite Alec and dumped a few of her own pancakes on her plate. "You don't have to look like that." she said to Miranda. "I'm the one who she-" she pointed at Isabelle "Doesn't like." "And for goid reason too." Isabelke growled.

message 47: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments Setting the fruit salad down on the table, Miranda let out a little sigh. "Alright, whatever." She sat down at her previous seat and, when no one seemed to be eating any of the fruit salad, said, "Well? Help yourselves!"
Alec looked to Isabelle. "Do you want any?" He asked her in a soft tone, holding the spoon to the fruit salad out.

message 48: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Carstairs (mirandacarstairs) | 1022 comments ((Need to go now, goodnight))

message 49: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments "I'm fine." Isabelle said snorting. "You don't have to be so nice to me." she accepted the offer and took some of the fruit salad. Sierra kept on eating her pancakes. After Isabelle was done, she took some of the fruit salad too. "Are you always this grumpy at breakfast?" she asked Isabelle, her eyes glittering. Isabelle this time completely ignored her.

message 50: by Ananya, Group Creator (new)

Ananya (ananyashenoy) | 1360 comments ((Goodnight!))

« previous 1 3