Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Separating Editions

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raven (new)

Raven Pierre (raven_st_pierre) | 25 comments I think I made a mistake combining two editions of my book. Now the Amazon link won't work. I tried to separate it myself, but it seems as though I don't have the authority to do so, although I was allowed to combine them. I think I didn't realize that one edition was linked to Barnes and Noble and the other to Amazon. Is there anything I can do? Most traffic for my books comes from Amazon which means that this is where a majority of my reviews are; I'd like for potential readers to be able to see them. When I try to enter the ASIN in the area where I can edit book information, it says that this number is already assigned to a book (which is of course MY book, but you can't use the actual Amazon link!) Please help! :) I'll add the links to the two editions that I combined......Thanks in advance for your help!
Gravity
Gravity

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments The books are now correctly combined with the correct ISBN/ASIN numbers in the appropriate places.

We keep both the BN and Amazon editions,

Nucking Futs the Fire Fairy Book-a-holic (firefairyholic) | 348 comments Something's wrong though. The amazon link doesn't work. It only worked when the Kindle Edition is separated.

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments works fine for me to both amazon.com and co.uk

Nucking Futs the Fire Fairy Book-a-holic (firefairyholic) | 348 comments Must be a phone thing. I'm using an old phone right now. Gonna switch to Pc later.

message 6: by Raven (last edited Nov 29, 2013 09:44AM) (new)

Raven Pierre (raven_st_pierre) | 25 comments I appreciate your help! :) Just clicked on the Amazon link, though, and this is the message that came up on their site: "Your search "2940148958765" did not match any products." That number there is the Barnes and Noble ISBN, meaning that the two are still incorrectly linked.... :(

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42415 comments Mod
No, they are correctly linked. The Amazon search will only work form this page: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 8: by Raven (new)

Raven Pierre (raven_st_pierre) | 25 comments Thanks a bunch! I appreciate the help so much :)